Chapter 106: Mastering

Dirt flew in the air as my feet got dragged on the ground, my arms blocking a heavy hit from the fierce blonde in front of me. Shock rattled my bones, throwing me off for a moment, but I quickly got back in my zone.

Defying all her thoughts and calculations, I swallowed more power from my wolf and spun around, throwing a kick square on her chest that was faster and harder. Annie let out a loud grunt, the wind getting knocked out of her lungs.

With a split second thought, she decided to not stand her ground and simply allow my strike to get her pushed away as far as it could.

Annie stumbled as she skidded back, lowering her body and steadying herself with a hand on the ground. Once stable, she stood back up, wiping sweat away from her face.

"Geez (Y/N), what the hell was that?" She panted, briefly rubbing her arms that took the most impact.

I dropped back on both feet, puffing my chest out and showing off my buff and muscular noodle arms, a joking smile on my face. "Haha! I have been practicing."

Annie scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Don't get so cocky."

Light flashed from Annie as she sprinted from the cloud of smoke that had appeared afterwards, charging at me at full speed. I copied her actions, opening the dams and taking in as much power as I could, using it to transform my fingers into claws and strengthen my legs.

Annie lashed out her clawed hands, narrowly missing me as I dodged to the left at the very last second. Her piercing blue eyes followed my move, not letting a single thing I did go unnoticed. With movements almost faster than an eye could see, she struck her other hand, getting a clean hit on my arm.

I didn't have any time to react. By the time I jumped out of the way, there was already blood dripping from my arm and staining the grass.

My eyes were wide, staring at the wound in shock, before glancing up to see Annie, who had smoke leaking from her hands while she was slowly breahing out, eyes still locked onto me.

What an impressive fighter.

I stared at nothing in particular as I heard the wolf's comment, using the empty time to quickly heal my wound.

Even you're acknowledging her??

Yes. Her skills are admirable. Clearly built on years of training and experience. Be happy that she is your mentor.

This isn't exactly the time to be standing still while gaping in awe!

I forced my body to move, aching all my muscles in the process as I avoided another one of Annie's lightning-speed attacks.

"The fuck is with your speed?!" I exclaimed, tumbling over to the side as the blonde girl almost hit me with a spinning kick.

Annie paused, her mouth in a smirk as she kept that icy glare fixated on me.

"I have been training."

Once again, she sprinted after me. And as any normal person would do after witnessing that kind of speed and strength, I sprinted away. I ran as fast as I could, heading for the trees.

My only hope was that the packed undergrowth would make her slow down her moves rather than this open ground. I was not at par with Annie with my physical strength and I lacked the skill to cover it. The only way I had some sort of chance was to use my surroundings to my benefit the best I can.

As soon as the bushes was nearby, I leaped, diving into the green mess and rolling forward to lessen the impact.

Annie paused in front of the forest, lightly panting for breath. "Really (Y/N)? Come out here and fight properly."