Chapter 9: Glares for Breakfast

A dreamless sleep.

No dreams = no nightmares = best fucking sleep of my life.

I had never taken any medicine that made me incredibly sleepy, even when I didn't sleep for days after the incident. I avoid taking sleeping pills, for what reason I too do not know.

It was only 7:45 when I had regained some of my consciousness, but I decided to fuck it and go back to sleep.

15 minutes later, my -sometimes annoying- roommate decided to shake me awake. Sad thing about me is; if someone had woken me up completely, then I wouldn't be sleeping until the moon is high above the sky again.

"Petra, what do you want?" I grumbled, eyes half-lidded.

"(Y/N), you don't have any party clothes do you?" She asked, her voice slightly traced with shock.

"I'll wear whatever the f I want for the party thank you very much."

"Well, I woke you up because it's breakfast, and unless you want the leftovers, you better get your butt moving, missy."

"It's 8 Petra, who wakes up at 8?"

"People who want food with quality." She tucked a falling strand of her strawberry-blonde hair behind her ear. "Now come on, move."

With an exaggerated grumble, I got out of bed and sat there, trying to gather my mind. I would've stayed like that for another hour, lost in my thoughts if Petra hadn't slapped my back.

Sighing, I went into the bathroom in our room. Small, simple, extremely colourless, not that I mind of course.

I did my business quickly and efficiently, and stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body.

I took the most comfortable clothes I can find, ending up with a plain white shirt with a grey, hooded jacket and some black baggy pants.

When I finished dressing, Petra looked up to examine my choice of clothes. "You have some weird fashion sense (Y/N)," she commented.

I shrugged. "Clothes are just clothes Petra. As long as it covers my body, then I'll wear it." I took my keys and ID and opened up the door, Petra following behind me.

"I'm just saying, you gotta have some taste in fashion if you're gonna get a man."

"Not interested," I replied with a monotone voice.

Dating, or heck, even falling in love had never crossed my mind. I didn't really care about those things, and I hope I never will. But, I suppose according to science I'm gonna have those love hormones or shit one day.

We reached downstairs quietly, not exchanging any words. Since Eren and Armin hang out with that weird group of friends, that just got dragged by Petra's weird group of friends, I suppose I hang out with them all so I can keep an eye with Eren.

I trust Armin, but truth be told Eren's always making scenes everywhere.

"Hey guys!" Petra greeted the group. I was surprised that Eren was awake before 10 am, him and Armin joining the massive group of people.

And of course, the bitch was there.

And by bitch, I mean Levi.

Look at him, just standing with his arms crossed and a -probably- permanent frown plastered on his face, glaring at everyone. And, what the heck is he wearing on his neck, a fucking cloth?

Levi's sharp gaze finally reached mine, and it seemed to have turned sharper than ever, hate mixed with more hate.

I don't know what is his problem with me, but I have a feeling that making my arch enemy in the two days I've been here is a bad idea.