Chapter 87: Midnight Tea

Levi laid on his bed, eyes closed but unable to fall into slumber. This was nothing new. Ever since the incident 1 year ago, Levi's insomnia had been getting worse and worse.

Not a single night went by without being able to sleep properly. There are days when exhaustion finally overcomes his insomnia and his body forces itself to shutdown, but even then, he'd be woken up from nightmares of the tragedy.

The black circles beneath his eyes got bigger and darker, and despite all the efforts his friends are making, they continue to grow every night.

Levi let out a heavy sigh. Clearly, this night was going to be no different than any other. The young adult stood up and made his way to his simple kitchen, preparing to make a cup of tea with the new leaves Hanji had given.

"They're dried lavender. You can use it to make lavender tea. It's said to help with insomnia, so give it a try, okay?"

Levi quietly made a cup of the herb tea, slowly stirring the steaming drink as he blankly stared at the small pieces of the plant swirling in the middle of the cup.

It didn't take long for Levi to notice how relaxing the aroma of the tea was, and how it was slowly calming him down.

Damn you, Four-Eyes. Where do you find these things?

Levi never knew about all these various herb teas until a few weeks ago, which was surprising considering the fact that he was a tea addict. This was because he had always bought and drank the same thing, sugarless, black tea.

Levi brought the cup and sat down on a nearby chair, looking down at the bits and pieces of herbs floating around. He held the cup by the rims, bringing it to his mouth for a quick taste test.

Before the liquid even entered his mouth, Levi was interrupted by the sudden ringing of a phone. Steel eyes narrowed in annoyance as the phone continued obnoxiously ringing in the middle of the night.

Levi watched as his phone vibrated on the coffee table in front of his sofa, ever so slightly moving each time it buzzed. And after a solid minute, it stopped ringing.

Good riddance.

The raven brought his attention back to his untasted tea, bringing it to his lips once more. But not even halfway through his actions, the phone rang again and Levi slammed his cup on the table.

With just three long strides, Levi snatched his phone and swiped right, bringing the device to his ear.

"Fuck off," Levi snapped, clicking the red button before the caller even got a chance to finish their sentence.

"Levi, wai-!"

Levi watched as half a second later, his phone rang for the third time in the night. This time, Levi actually saw who the caller was and his eyes immediately widened.

He picked up.

"What happened, Annie?"

"Fuck you Levi. Why the fuck would you hang up on me?"

Levi clicked his tongue. "Bad timing."

"Bad timing? What? Were you fucking?" Annie scoffed from the other line.

"Get to the point."

"Fine. Don't lose your balls, but a few minutes ago..... (Y/N) woke up."

The raven stood rigid, eyes wide and body tense from the sudden news Annie had brought.

One whole year.

It has been one year since her deadly battle with Kenny.

It has been one year since she entered a comatose state.