Chapter 97: The Truth Untold

Kenny is dead.

I threw him off the cliff.

I watched as he fell.

I killed him.

.....didn't I?

"What's the matter kiddo?" Kenny growled out with his sickening grin. "Gotcha tongue twisted up eh?"

Tears pricked the edge of my eyes. Is this really happening? Is he really standing in front of me, alive and well? Was everything that happened all in my head?

Confusion. Fear. Uncertainty. All three emotions loomed over me, wrapping my arms, legs and body and dragging me down to their pit of darkness.

Kenny stomped forward and snarled loudly, making me flinch harshly. I barely managed to stifle a whimper from coming out. My reaction seemed to amuse the tall man, seeing as he roared with laughter until his body leaned backwards.

Somewhere beside me, Ziahra leaped to her paws, crouching down into a fighting stance. "STOP SCARING HER, ACKERMAN!"

"Oh please," Kenny spat, glaring at the angered white wolf. "I was only playing around."

Ziahra growled threateningly, ears flat and tail trashing. "Stop your games before I put an end to it."

Kenny flashed a toothy smile. "Ohohoh, (A/N: You're approaching me? Sorry lol) is that a threat? Well you flea-bitten mutt, how about we go for a round 2 hmm?"

"Silence!" the Moon Goddess ordered, her voice losing its usual softness.

Kenny and Ziahra immediately stopped their quarrel upon the order, heads lowered as the goddess walked past them. Authority, power, command and control seemed to leak from her body with every step she took.

"There will be no round 2." The Moon Goddess paused between the two opposing forces, giving a quick glance to each of them. "There will be no more fighting. Understood?"

Both of them murmured their agreements, keeping their heads low as the Moon Goddess began heading towards my direction.

I wasn't sure what I had just witnessed. I wasn't sure if everything or anything was real anymore. What was true and what wasn't? I hadn't an idea anymore.

I swallowed a nervous gulp as I watched the Moon Goddess near me, and my eyes widened in shock when she kneeled down in front of me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" She asked, her voice regaining its calmness and smoothness once more.

I took a few deep breaths. "Truthfully... no."

"I can understand."

"Why's he here?" I glanced at Kenny past the goddess' shoulder, his eyes locking on me upon realizing he was the topic of the conversation. "I thought... I thought he was dead."

The Moon Goddess stared at me with her hypnotizing eyes, her hand run down my arm before gently grabbing my own.

"That doesn't matter right now."

She stood up and lightly tugged my hand, silently requesting that I do the same. I stood up, slightly shaking as my balance quivered.

"(Y/N)," the Moon Goddess began. "Are you ready to know the truth?"

"...yes." I slowly nodded. "Yes I am."

The Moon Goddess let go of my hand, tucking hers neatly into her long robe. "Very well."

I stood there in anticipation as the white-haired goddess looked away, her sapphire orbs deep with thought.

"Let's start with what you know," she announced, taking a few steps away so that her back faced me. "Tell me, (Y/N). Tell me everything you know. Everything you've found out. Everything you remember."