Chapter 70: A Secret Only Told by Time

Thanks AntheaDivine for editing this chapter :3

About a week has passed, and once again it was my turn to stay and guard the cabin while everyone else went out.

This time, I was accompanied by Petra, who was outside attempting to build a snowman for some weird reason. I leaned my head on my hand, watching her struggle with trying to create a giant ball of snow for the base.

I took a sip of my hot water as I continued to gaze at the strawberry-blonde haired girl patting snow together.

Why the hell is she making a snowman? It's freezing cold outside.

Petra had a giant smile on her face. Her nose was red from the cold and she would often pause to rub her gloved-hands together. This kept on going until the point where I just couldn't bear to keep on watching.

I rose from my seat and opened the door, poking my head out, "Petra!" I called out, "You're going to turn into a human iceberg, so hurry your ass in!"

Petra rolled her eyes. "You're not my mom! Stop telling me what to do!"

Fuck, this girl's just sitting in the snow, clearly shivering, and she's still being a pain in the ass.

"Petra, I'll drag you in here myself if you don't come in right now!"

Petra groaned, letting her arms fall onto the snow. "(Y/N) stop being a mom!" she exclaimed, sneezing harshly afterwards.

"That's it."

I marched on the snow, making my way to an annoyed-looking Petra. I stopped in front of her, crossing my arms and staring at her expectantly. "C'mon, get up."

Petra frowned, shaking her head. "No."

"Get up."

"Nope."

"I'll kick down your snowman if you don't get up."

Petra glared at me, scooping a handful of snow. "Do it, and you'll get a face full of freezing fresh snow."

"Oh yeah?"

"Hell yeah."

We stared at each other for a few seconds, before I kicked my leg out and destroyed the giant ball of snow Petra had just built, feeling the whole thing crumble against my foot.

Petra leaped and slammed her snow-filled hand on my face, the force the of impact making me fall backwards.

"(Y/N)!!" She shrieked, sitting down on top of me and continuously pummeling my face with snow. "YOU BROKE MA SNAWMAANN!!!"

I held my arms above my face in an attempt to defend myself from her attacks, before flipping over to the side and throwing her off. "You're literally freezing! I had to make you get in and warm up for a bit!"

"I DON'T CARE!" Petra quickly regained herself and began tossing snow to me at a shocking speed.

Goddamnit this girl is nuts when she's mad.

"Petra, please! You left me no other choice!" I yelled, running around to avoid her throws.

"Shut up and get back here so I can end you with my snowballs!"

"There's just no reasoning with her," I muttered darkly, feeling my back being hit by snow.

I ran away from her, further away from the cabin. My eyes nearly popped out when I glanced back to see Petra right behind me, both her hands carrying snowballs.