Chapter 103: Newfound Will

A sound similar to a whip lashing exploded inches above my face, startling me so much that my whole body jerked violently. But, other than my ringing ears, none of my limbs were missing and my throat was still intact.

I dared myself to open my eyes, watching as the wolf lean back and step away from me, releasing me from it's deadly pin. Shock left me unmoving for a few seconds as I silently watched the pale-colored wolf lick its mouth to wash the worst of the blood away.

The she-wolf shook its body, smoke flooding from her pelt as a flash of light blinded me for a second. I remained in my position, watching the smoke fade away and revealing Annie standing still, hair messy and body riddled with all sorts of wounds.

The blonde girl roughly fixed her hair, taking off the hairband stuck to it and letting her yellow locks flow down to her shoulders. She glanced back, staring at me with her usual ice-blue eyes.

"You okay?"

No words left my mouth. Speechless. I had nothing to say - I was that speechless. I didn't give Annie a response and instead focused on something else.

I pushed out all of the power from the wolf out of my system and cut ties with the wall, feeling all the extra strength drain from my body and seeing smoke come out from my own body.

Light flashed around me as I felt my fingers return to normal and the fur on my skin almost fly away. A few seconds later, I was back in my usual human form.

Annie was staring at me the entire time, but I couldn't care less. I have no idea what the hell just happened to me this morning, and frankly, I really didn't want to care.

I rose to stand up, but stumbled back down as one of my legs gave way. I winced in pain, feeling a stinging sensation spread over the leg that Annie bit down on. The blonde girl's eyes widened, rushing to me and kneeling down, offering a hand.

"Let me help you up."

I shook my head, using the last bit of my energy to heal the deepest of the wounds, biting my tongue again to hold back the pain. Annie watched as my leg started to heal itself, the bite holes getting smaller until it finally closed completely.

After a moment to catch my breath, I tried standing up again. This time, I didn't fall back down. I limped back towards the house, ignoring Annie who still stayed by my side the entire way back.

I reached a chair at the back deck of the house, plopping myself onto it with a tired sigh. With all this transforming, fighting and healing, it felt like I could sleep for days. My eyes closed, but I couldn't go to sleep. Either way, I couldn't move anymore. I had no more energy to do so.

"(Y/N)," Annie asked from beside me. "Are you okay?"

I kept my eyes closed. "I'm tired. Go away," I mumbled back, my voice low and noticeably weak.

Annie respected my wish and I heard her walk away into the house. I let out another sigh, slowing down my breathing and trying everything I know and can to fall asleep, hoping to regain some strength back from a small nap.

Although I wanted so desperately to fall asleep, I couldn't. Despite being as tired as I've ever felt, my senses were still high and my adrenaline didn't stop pumping through my veins.

I was on edge.

But even so, I kept my eyes shut in my vain attempt to fall asleep. It was better than nothing.

Even though I couldn't enter a deep sleep, I did doze off a couple times, each time only lasting for a bit. I don't know how long exactly, but maybe 30 minutes-ish. The sad excuse for a rest was enough for me to be able to function normally and I didn't feel as tired as before.