Chapter 41: Friends?

"Hello you two," Erwin greeted us smoothly. Petra replied a friendly greeting whereas I just nodded.

"Ah Petra, I hope you don't mind. I brought Levi along."

Petra's eyes flickered briefly towards my direction, before giving a smile to Erwin. "Haha, it's no problem."

Actually, it is.

I glared at Petra, then at the bitch. He caught my stare for a second, but his eyes were completely unreadable. The raven looked away and crossed his arms.

"So are we going or not?"

Petra turned to the voice. "Hold on Levi, we're still waiting for Hanji."

"No need for that. HERE I AM!"

Two arms wrapped around me like a snake coiling it's prey, knocking the breath out of me.

I patted her arms, wheezing out, "...wrong person Hanji. I'm not Petr..aa....."

It seemed to tighten even more. "I know it's not Petra! I just wanted to give a hug to my sad, depressed girl!"

I softly shook her arms, unable to say anything more. At last, she got the message and let go, apologizing afterwards.

"Okay. Now we can go," Petra said, going out the building. I let my fingers trace my collarbone, feeling the tinge from the effect of Hanji's bear hug.

Surprisingly, we didn't go by taxi like how Petra would usually do. She also didn't have enough patience to wait for a bus, so we ended up walking over there.

Now, I know she said it took 10 minutes from the school to the pizza place, but that was if we were using a vehicle. On foot, I'd say it took about 20 minutes or so.

But I don't think anyone actually minded about that. 20 minutes is nothing compared to the shit we were put through during the expedition.

I guess we all got a physical boost from that one month in hell.

We reached the pizza thingy, and it didn't look that bad at all. I glanced at the banner, reading the building's name.

Freddy Fazbear's Pizzari--

Ok no. It was called Joey's-- something, I forgot. All I remember is that there was Joey in it.

We chose a table and settled down. Thankfully, I seemed to have broken the curse of always being seated next to the bitch.

Now I have a new curse, if you can call it that. Nowdays, I always end up sitting next to Erwin.

Honestly, I don't mind at all. His massive structure makes him great to lean on when I'm tired or bored. Plus, his personality is way brighter than Levi's.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't mind me leaning on him as well.

Actually... Levi never really seemed to mind as well....

Fuck, I'm thinking about him again.

Petra's voice broke me from my thoughts, and I silently thanked her for that.

"(Y/N), what pizza do you want?"

I scratched my head. I didn't really know what was my favorite, so I skimmed the menu and chose one randomly. "(enter pizza flavor) pizza?"

Levi clicked his tongue, earning a low punch from Hanji that was sitting beside him.

My eyes flickered over to Levi, annoyance rising in my veins. I tossed him the menu, sitting back. "If you don't like what I ordered, then you choose."