Chapter 77: Sealing Fate

This chapter is dedicated to my beautiful kitten, who went missing on the 9th of July. May you forever be safe, where ever you are, Nana.

————————————————

Please have internet connection while reading this chapter for further reasons.

—————————————————

We ran for a little bit more, creating some distance from the cabin. I let go of Levi's hand and burst out laughing at the chaos that just happened.

Levi growled, a hand covering one of his ears. "Stupid Shitty Glasses. I swear if I go deaf..."

"You're not gonna go deaf Levi," I chuckled, turning to him. "Hanji hasn't gone all out yet."

"And I'm not sticking around to find out." Levi walked past me and went further up the lane. I smiled and followed him, catching up to his side.

It was getting late, but that didn't really bother me. The route back was simple and somehow the weather didn't seem cold. We walked together for a while, gazing at the sun of the late afternoon.

"The view up here is gorgeous," I commented, gesturing to the sunlight basking the snowy land.

Levi glanced at what I was looking, giving a small nod. "It is. But I wonder what this place would look like at night."

I paused, realizing something. "That's right... we never come out at night."

Levi nodded in response and stopped walking, staring at the landscape before him. I stood behind him, his body casting a shadow over me. No one talked for a while and we just watched as the sun slowly began to set.

I was the one to break the silence. "Levi?"

"Hm?" His head slightly turned in my direction.

"What were you and Petra talking about?"

I don't think Levi was prepared for the bluntness of my question, because he visibly flinched. "Nothing..."

I scoffed. "That's bullshit."

Levi turned around and faced me. "It's nothing."

"Bullshit~" I sang out as I made my way closer to him.

"It's not."

"Yes it is."

"Says who?" A smirk was slowly beginning to form on his lips.

"Says me." I smiled back.

Levi raised a brow. "You don't count."

"Ok fine. Says the snow on your face." My smile got wider.

Levi took a few steps forward, making me step back. "There's no snow on my face."

I crouched down, taking a handful of snow and shoving it onto his face. "Not anymore."

Levi glared at me, both anger and amusement plastered on his face. "What, are you Petra 2.0 now?" He snarled, reffering to the time Petra slammed two snowballs to his face.

"Of course not. I'm way better."

"How so?" Levi asked in a slight menacing tone as he brushed off the remaining snow from his face.

"Because Petra would never do this." I grabbed another handful of snow and smothered it on his face, immediately taking a few steps back.

Levi kept his stare on me. "You should run."