Chapter 92: Visions of a Murderer

"You're very sharp, (Y/N)."

I glanced at the aged doctor beside me, who was carefully unweaving the long bandages wrapped around my arm.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, slightly raising my brow.

"Most patients who wake up from a coma tend to be in a haze for quite a while afterwards. Extremely confused about everything," Dr. Joy explained, pulling away the last strip of the gauze and gently holding up my arm to inspect it. "You, on the other hand, caught up almost instantly."

I felt my arm ache from being raised up too high, my face slightly scrunching up in pain. "Oh... that's good then?"

"Of course." The doctor noticed my expression of uncomfort out of the corner of her eye, setting down my arm with a pat. "Excuse me dear, I'm going to open the dressing on your neck."

"Sure," I replied nervously, sitting still in my positon, really knowing what to do. "Go ahead."

There was no small talk this time when Dr. Joy unwrapped the bandages around my neck. I simply sat there in silence, looking forward with my slightly tilted head awkwardly. With Dr. Joy's skillful hands working away, it didn't take long until all the strips of the medical cloth were released. For the first time since I woke up, I felt the cold air of the room hit my nech, sending a shiver down my whole body.

I let out a shaky breath, feeling goosebumps beginning to rise on my arms. Dr. Joy was silent for a few seconds, staring at my with an expression I couldn't decipher. "Doctor, is it... okay?"

The aged woman sighed, fixing her glasses and straightening herself beside me. "Very much okay. Werewolf lords' are indeed magnificent beings," she murmured, putting her hands in the pockets of her white coat as she gazed at me in awe.

I frowned in confusion. "What?"

"One of your worst wounds was on your neck, but that healed completely a while ago. Up until now, there was a scar left there that never faded."

"And..."

Dr. Joy flashed me a smile. "It seems your wolf decided to get rid of those scars when you woke up."

A hand darted to my neck out of pure instinct, rubbing it and feeling around it for any signs of the previous battle wounds. There was none.

"But I didn't feel any pain," I argued, looking at my surroundings to see if there was a mirror of some sort. "When I heal, I always—"

The doctor cut me off. "Feel a burning pain, right?"

I stared at the brunette in shock, my mouth left hanging open. "....How do you know?"

Dr. Joy merely smiled in response, walking towards a shelf and taking out a mirror, before holding it up so that I could see my own reflection. "Have a look."

I wanted to question her what that smile meant and how the hell does she know, but curiosity got the better of me when I saw a glimpse of my neck. My eyes squinted, discovering that the doctor was indeed correct. There were absolutely no leftover scars or marks lingering on my skin, and it showed no signs of ever having a wound in the first place.

My eyes dropped down to my right shoulder, a memory flashing through mind. I remember vividly how fast Levi's claws were, how badly the stinging pain was as soon as he made contact, the feeling of my skin being ripped open, and the warmth of my blood flowing down freely out of the open wound.

My body shivered as I recalled the terrifying experience; my hands lowering to tug the hospital gown down to the side. I was greeted by more of the white gauze wrapped around my body, and the more I think about it, the more I realize just how much I looked like a living mummy.