Chapter 102: Friend to Foe

A jolt of pain when I moved positions pulled me out of my slumber. I winced, temporarily freezing as I waited for the burning to die down.

With a heavy sigh, I heaved myself into a sitting position, turning on the night lamp beside me with a tug. My right hand carefully reached out to roll up the left sleeve of my clothes, leaning closer to the lamp for a better view.

Dark blue and purple splotches trailed down the entirety of my left arm, explaining why it hurt so much when I barely put any pressure on it.

What a mess.

I unintentionally caught sight of the clock sitting nearby the light, presenting me with young numbers.

1:36 AM. A little over midnight.

I sighed, knowing I wouldn't be able to sleep anymore. Any form of sleepiness has left me as soon as I opened my eyes. And with this additional pain and uncomfort, I sure as hell ain't going to get any shut eye.

But even though I wasn't sleepy, it didn't mean I wasn't tired. I sat on my bed in the dim lighted room, staring blankly at the blanket pooled up on my lap, confused on what to do.

I closed my eyes, tiredly resting them even though I knew I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep.

...You can always try to heal them.

My eyes blinked open upon hearing the familiar voice speak.

How? You've always been the one to heal them for me.

You just need to concentrate.

I huffed. Easier said than done.

You've-.. or I've done it for you multiple times. I know you remember what it felt like. Just focus on recalling what you've already experienced.

I gave a doubtful glance at the mass of bruises.

Give it a go.

A sigh of defeat left me as I closed my eyes and imagined the sharp, burning pain that I always felt when healing. My eyebrows, furrowed as I pushed myself to focus that memory of pain towards my left arm, hoping that the pain would become real.

It didn't.

You're focusing on the pain. Focus on healing.

I shook my head lightly, shifting my thoughts and imagination on healing the broken blood vessels underneath the layer of skin. No other thought came to mind as I imagined myself fixing all the broken veins and wiping away the leaked blood that was piling up inside.

I thought so hard that my head ached, the type of pain that spreads to your eyes and even ears. My focus was slowly slipping away, but before it did, I felt a spark within myself.

It was like chain breaking. A door getting kicked open. I no longer had to focus and think so hard about it, it almost seem to just flow naturally. A rush of flames travelled from my heart to the arm I was so focused on, the heat pooling up in that one limb.

My whole body clenched forward in pain as yet the burning sensation overwhelmed me once more. I peeked through my slitted eyes, watching as one by one, the dark colored bruises fade away, accompanied by a stinging pain.

Well done.

I stiffled a grunt as another wave of flames burned my arm, almost bringing tears to my eyes. Cool cool yeah. But once I start healing, is it impossible for me to stop??

You hold the power to do whatever you want. Start, stop, continue- it's all your choice.

After hearing Ziahra's explanation, I immediately got to work. I reversed all my thoughts, focusing on stopping the healing and getting rid of the flames of pain.