Chapter 73: Because of Me

What will happen if I listen to you?

You will have all the answers to your questions, young one.

How? What're you going to do to Eren to get the information I want?

Does it really matter? All that matters is that you get what you want.

And what will you get?

I will get what I want too, young one.

Which is? What do you want? Who are you? Why do you always say you can do anything and everything I wish?

Who I am does not matter. But I do not offer things I cannot do. You will receive all that you wish to know, if you choose to just... listen to my voice, young one.

My head throbbed in pain. I can hear Eren's faint cries somewhere in the background, but it was quickly swallowed by the voice of these whispers.

I can give you everything, young one. Just listen to my voice.

All of a sudden, I felt a warm light surround me. At once, I recognized the presence of Voice.

(Y/N), remember what I said. Do not follow it's words.

Ah, the wretched voice. This useless voice also knows all that you wish to know. If you listen to me... you will also know all the secrets it's been keeping from you.

(Y/N), please.

I could hear the desperation rising in Voice's words.

I took deep breaths, trying my hardest to calm my mind from all the fear and anxiety from before. The whispers seemed to keep chanting in my head endlessly, dragging me away from Voice's warm light.

Follow me...

Listen to me...

Follow me...

Listen to me...

I can help you...

I am all that you need...

Listen to me...

I can do whatever you want...

Follow me...

(Y/N), don't!

I will give you everything you want...

Listen to me...

All you have to do....

Is listen to my voice, young on--

NOW!

*

"Oh god, what did I just do?" Eren stared in shock at the unconscious (Y/N) on the floor.

(Y/N) started to act strange all of a sudden, pushing him away and grasping her head as if in tremendous pain. Eren didn't know what to do.

Through all the panic for his sister, there was a sudden voice in the back of his head. It was brief and small, but clear enough for Eren to make out.