Chapter 91: Forgive Him

"No, dumbass. It's talking with you."

....what did I just say.

Levi mentally facepalmed, instantly feeling regret churning in his stomach. He just voiced his inner thoughts of not being able to live without (Y/N) in his reply, by impulse. A drop of cold sweat dribbled down his forehead- (Y/N)'s silence only making him even more nervous.

Shit. I shouldn't have said that. Fuck-

The sound of a light chuckle from the other end of the line made Levi freeze in his spot.

What did that laugh mean? Did she take it as a joke? Is she mocking me?

"Really?" Levi couldn't tell if (Y/N)'s soft reply was a joke, a rhetorical question or for real, but one thing he's sure of is hearing her voice made all the butterflies in his stomach flutter wildly, making it difficult for him to even stand properly.

The young adult wobbled over to his simple kitchen and placed a hand on the counter, resting half the weight of his body as he focused the remains of his energy on figuring out what to say in return.

Usually, he wouldn't have cared by the slightest on what to answer his-... friend? Girlfriend...?

Levi settled with brat.

Usually, he wouldn't have cared what he said to his brat, but for some weird reason, this time he felt more confused on what to answer her than a complicated calculus problem.

In the end, the puzzled raven merely said, "Maybe."

Kind of a dick answer, Levi admitted silently, but he didn't know what else to say. The wait for the (h/c) girl's reply took a little longer than what Levi had expected - and hoped - but it certainly didn't disappoint.

"Well," (Y/N)'s voice sounded small and faint. "I missed talking to you too."

(Thank you TeaNerat for finding this pic uwuuu)

Levi's breath hitched; his heart skipping a beat. He could feel the blood rushing upwards immediately- his face burning, his head light and his lips twitching with an uncontrollable smile.

(Y/N)... missed talking with him?

The amount of happiness brought by such simple words could never be explained by Levi. For a little over a year, the raven haired man had been drowning himself in a sea of regret, self-hate and the belief that (Y/N) would never want to talk, see, meet or asscosiate with him ever again.

And even though she just said that she missed talking with him, Levi felt happy and satisfied enough already, despite the fact that all the other possibilities still had a chance of becoming reality.

Levi's face was beat-red and he began to feel dizzy from how much blood had gathered in his head. His body felt weak and heated, with double amounts of sweat rolling down his forehead. The raven was in a hot, sweaty daze, but he knew he had to answer something so that (Y/N) wouldn't suspect anything suspicious.