Chapter 74: One More Month

That day, I didn't see Erwin until after sunset. He left the cabin after his brief breakdown in front of me. It was rare. Extremely rare to see Erwin lose his composure completely.

Never before have I seen him so distressed, angry and sad, overwhelmed by his own emotions. It was almost... frightening to see.

He returned later that night, completely back to normal as if nothing had happened. I can't tell whether it was because he really had gotten over it, or he was trying to put on a mask so no one would get worried.

Something in my gut tells me it's the latter.

Even so, Erwin acted just the same as every other day. And honestly, thanks to his unwavering command, the progress of our research remained stable. Faster, even.

We made a pretty outstanding progress during the next week. Erwin decreased the amount of time we spent doing nothing with constantly going out to gather more data.

It was clear he had been rushing the work, mostly because of the amount of food we have left. Because of the whole "snacks" fiasco, we barely have food for a week left now.

It's blatantly obvious that we don't have enough food to last until the end of the 1 month stay in the first zone. Hence why Erwin is speeding up everything, so we can leave for the next zone early.

Two days have passed in the last week, and we've all agreed that we'd hike up the mountain to the next cabin tomorrow. Our only job today is to pack all our stuff and prepare for the next day.

I sighed, stuffing all my clothes into my oversized backpack.

Stupid thicc and fluffy clothes, making my bag all full--

"(Y/N)?"

I glanced at the person calling me, his steel eyes staring into mine.

"What is it?"

"Are you--... You haven't finished packing?"

I shook my head. "No. Why?"

"How the hell are you not finished yet? It's nearly been the entire day." I watched as Levi walk in and sat down beside me as I folded all my clothing.

I scooted over so he'd have some space to sit down. "I was packing up the rest of the supplies in the morning, then I helped Petra packer her stuff."

"You should've packed your stuff first, then help with the others," Levi sighed.

I only shrugged in response. To my surprise, Levi also began to help organize my belongings. He didn't say a single word while doing so. Just silently folding my clothes beside me.

Was it a nice thing for him to do? Yes.

Was it weird? Yes with infinity s.

But then, I quickly remembered Levi is a clean freak, so this behavior should not have been surprising.

"Stop shoving everything in like that," the raven hissed, annoyed after observing the way I pack, snatching the bag and dragging it over to him.

In front of my eyes, he lifted the bag and flipped it over, dumping everything out. "Levi what the fuck?!"

I mentally gave a massive sigh, grateful that I haven't packed any of my undergarments yet, otherwise that would've been... something.

Silence fell over us as I sat there stupidly and watched as Levi begin to reorganize my belongings swiftly.

"Geez (Y/N), why'd you pack your coat?"

"Huh?" I replied, dumbfounded.

Levi held up my wooly coat. "This coat. Aren't you going to use it tomorrow?"