Chapter 37: End of First Year

Sorry for the long wait.

This chapter is basically two chapters mushed into one, because Author-chan can't be bothered seperating it :v

Hence why the update is late. Sorry :)

---

I entered My Alpha into the Wattys 2018. Don't exactly understand everything, but I met the requirements, so why not give it a blind shot :)

___________________

I can't believe I'm back here.

I gazed lazily at the mall's grand roof as I slowly walked behind Petra.

She had insisted to go shop for presents with me. Just me.

Okay, not just me. She invited Hanji and Mikasa along as well.

The difference between this shopping trip and the other, is that I was using my own money from my savings for this, so you for a fact I'm going to be saving shit like crazy.

I ain't crazy rich like Petra, and most of my savings are from work experience, back when I was in middle school.

Applying different small jobs for a certain amount of time was a good way to train me for the big world, as well as keep my mind off things.

All the money I made was saved into my bank account, and I just lived off the pocket money Ms. Falida gives every week.

And when that pocket money had leftovers, I would save it in the bank.

Armin did litteraly the same thing as me, whereas Eren has just been living off the money from his dad's heritage.

And let me tell you, it is far over a million dollars.

"(Y/N)! What are you getting him?" Petra's question snapped me from my thoughts and I looked up at her, quickly digesting what she meant.

Oh, that's right.

She had informed me that the bitch, I mean, Levi's birthday was on the same day as Christmas.

At that point, I can already guess who the other special guest is. But when I asked why I was also a special guest, she just smiled and said, "You're my BFF."

Which, to be honest, sounded like a shitty reason to me, but hey!

I ain't complaining.

Back to her question...

"I don't know," I answered, shrugging. I know what I'm getting him for his Christmas present, but I can't think of anything for his birthday present.

"Cleaning supplies?" Mikasa suggested, looking bored as she gazed around the many shops.

I turned around and looked at her. "That's his Christmas present."

"I'm pretty sure everyone's giving him that for Christmas," Hanji muttered, amusement dancing in her eyes.

"That's what I'm giving him," Petra added with a laugh. "That and an ugly sweater."

"Good idea," Mikasa chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

I want to give Levi a weird birthday present, weird, but cute at the same time. Something that'll also make me laugh my head off.

We continued walking in the mall, with me glancing to my sides every now and then.

And then suddenly, I saw it. And I knew in an instant, that it's perfect, and it's going to be the bitch's birthday gift from me.

***