Chapter 57: Notes

Kenny chuckled, "Oh Hannes, you know that Ripper thing only lasted when I was in highschool."

Mr. Hannes gazed sternly at the tall man. "You were expelled because of it. Not only that, but you broke (M/N)'s heart by cheating on her with Lily!"

Whatever friendly expression Kenny had instantly vanished as Mr. Hannes mentioned my mother's name.

"Don't you dare mention (M/N) in front of me," he snarled, his gaze darkening.

Mr. Hannes clenched his fist and tightened the muscles on his arm, as if he was getting ready for a fight.

Levi roughly shoved Kenny's side, breaking his concentration.

"Calm down," I murmured, gently elbowing my guardian. "Let my mother rest in peace."

Kenny's sharp gaze flickered to me for a few seconds, and I couldn't help but notice the incredible amount of hatred and anger in it. But finally, he blinked and looked away. "Tch."

"L-- Kenny?" A deep voice called from behind me.

Kenny turned to face the direction of the voice, looking annoyed. "Hm?"

Erwin walked, stopping beside me. "It's great to see you."

Kenny grunted. "How's everything?"

Erwin lowered his gaze. "Everything is going well."

Kenny stared at the blonde teenager for a little longer, before saying, "We'll speak later. I wish to talk to (Y/N)."

Turning around to Levi and Mikasa, he said, "You two can go as well."

All their gazed lingered on me for a moment before they walked away.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Yes," Mr. Hannes added, "What did you want talk about with her?"

Kenny glared at the dirty-blonde haired man. "I'm pretty sure what I have to say to her doesn't concern you in any way."

"I am her guardian," Mr. Hannes growled, "I'm not going to leave her alone with someone like you."

"Oh whatever," Kenny rolled his eyes, turning his attention back to me. "So, you're (M/N) Ziahara's daughter?"

"(M/N) (L/N)," Mr. Hannes corrected sharply. "She was married to (F/N) and he made her a hundred times happier than you ever could."

Kenny spat, his eyes narrowing in anger. "Don't speak so freely about something you never understood."

"Ackerman?" Someone called out, their voice deep and gruff.

Kenny looked up, his darkened gaze lightening at the sight. "Ah, Keith. Long time no see eh?"

"It has been a while," Mr. Shadis replied, making his way over to us.

"What happened to your hair?"

"Let's not talk about that," he grunted, stopping beside Mr. Hannes.

"What's going on?" I asked, utterly confused.

"Huh? I didn't see you there (L/N)," Mr. Shadis said, slightly startled.

I frowned. "I can tell."

Turning back to everyone, I asked, "Do you all know each other?"

They nodded. Well, that's something.

I continued. "Then I take it you all knew my mother?"

They nodded once again.

"And my father?"