Chapter 36: End of Expedition

I grabbed Levi's hand, quickly pulling him up. My eyes scanned the room, looking for a quick escape.

There!

There was a barless window by the sink, big enough for a person to slip through.

Perfect.

I dragged Levi towards the sink, and he looked up, instantly understanding what I meant. He placed a hand on the counter, unbelievably pulling himself up, and tossing his body out the window in one go.

It's like the guy's some pro parkour or something.

I hopped onto the counter, and jumped out side, quickly ducking down once I landed on the ground.

Levi looked at me, and I signalled him to run to a batch of trees nearby the house.

We were low and we were quick.

But most of all, we were compact with our moves.

We skidded behind a tree and crouched, hiding from sight.

I was slightly panting from the sudden movement, even Levi was taking short breaths instead of his usual calm, long ones.

A smile crept to my lips, unable to hold it down.

Jumping out of a window, running, then hiding?

A small, strangled, short laugh escaped my lips, making Levi turn around and look at me with a smirk on his face. He rolled his eyes at me, then continued to attempt to control his breathing.

***

Krista stood there, mixed emotions going through her.

First, it was surprise. Surprised there was a boy in here.

Second, it was shock. Shocked to see a boy in here.

Next, embarrassment. Embarassed that a boy saw her like that.

And finally, fear. Any girl would be scared to suddenly be seen by a guy with such revealing clothes.

Ymir crashed into the kitchen, quickly pulling Krista into defensive hug. "WHO'S BOTHERING MY KRISTA?!"

There was only Petra in the kitchen, and she had signalled to Krista.

The strawberry-blonde was begging to Krista not to tell Ymir, and being the good person she was, she reluctantly agreed.

Ymir gazed at the kitchen table, finding nothing suspicious. At the last second, Petra had tossed the plastic plates (Y/N) and Levi used for their sandwich out the window, once they had already jumped out.

Ymir looked at Krista, worry dancing in her eyes. "Krista, are you okay?"

The blonde girl nodded slowly. "I... was just surprised to see Petra in here. I though we were the only ones in the house."

"What?" Ymir muttered, "Weren't you the one that told me someons else had come back?"

Krista shrugged. "I guess I was jumpy after waking up. Anyways, sorry to scare you Ymir. I'm alright now."

"If you say so," Ymir replied with a sigh, slightly glaring at Petra who had finished the last bite of her sandwich.

The brunette gave Krista a quick hug before returning to her room.

Petra silently thanked God, and Krista too.

The pretty, blonde girl came and sat down beside Petra, her gaze clearly asking for something.

The strawberry-blonde shook her head and shrugged. "You're gonna have to ask those two if you want a decent explanation."

***