Chapter 51: I Miss You

Thank you all for the supportive comments! Really appreciate it! No damn matter about some guy and being stabbed in the back is going to stop me from giving y'all another chapter.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The sound of my footsteps reverberated in the cold, empty household. All of the orphans have been temporarily moved to another orphanage until officials can sort out their new homes.

As always, Eren and Armin were beside me, their expression reflecting mine. A mixture of sadness and longing.

Flashes of me sitting down and reading a book with Ms. Falida passed me, nearly bringing tears to my eyes.

I spent nearly my whole life growing up in this house.

Now everything was going to be nothing within a matter of seconds.

I headed straight for Ms. Falida's room, slowly pushing the door open.

The room had already been stripped. On a table, lay multiple files, both old and new. Heavy layers of dust covered the documents, nearly making me throw a sneezing fit.

With one hand covering my nose, I wiped off the dust from an old looking file with a cloth I had prepared.

The name of the file was blurred, but I could still make out writing.

Falida Lilian Sabira

Why didn't the police take this documents for further investigation?

I shook my head, pushing the thought to the back of my mind. Slowly, I opened the file, my eyes slightly widening in anticipation.

It was basically all of her general data, saved and written on a few pages.

My eyes traveled to the bottom of the first page. There, was a picture of Ms. Falida when she was still young and fresh.

After counting the date the picture was taken and her birth date, I realised she was 18 when this was taken.

Ms. Falida really wasn't joking when she told me the story of how about 40 guys asked her out during highschool. She was friendly with everyone, outgoing and had both beauty and brains.

But it still irks my mind of how she ended up marrying a guy like Mr. Hannes, even though later on they did divorce.

I flipped through the rest of the papers in her file, stopping when I reached the back of it.

There was a thin book, or more precisely, a bunch of scrap papers stapled into a makeshift book.

Inside it was a whole bunch of different notes from classes, assignments and homework. I skimmed each page, my eyes traveling over the words written on it.

I held a gasp of surprise when I saw two names that had doodles circling it.

<3

Hannes
&
Lily

12 / 12 / 20XX
<3 <3 <3

Woah, is this when they got together? It's on such a pretty date as well.

I twinge of sadness tugged my heart as I realised what Mr. Hannes said.

"She was once the love of my life. But because of a few reasons, it's didn't work out too well."

What happened between the two of them?