Chapter 18 - Part 2: The Forest

White....

Why is everything so white...?

Why is it so cold....?

The wind.... I can feel it rushing on my body.

Am I falling...?

And this taste in my mouth..... is it blood?

I'm bleeding...?

These white things..... they're..... snow...?

I.... I can see mountains...

Where am I?

Why am I here?

How come I'm bleeding?

I can't feel my body...

Am I...... dead?

~

I gasped, choking for air as my eyes flew open.

"(Y/N)! You're awake."

I looked up to see the owner of the voice. The familiar face of Levi came to my gaze. Surprisingly, his face was slightly twisted with concern.

I groaned, rubbing my head as I tried to sit up. "What happened?"

Levi frowned, his furrow deepening in concern and annoyance. "When we caught you, it seemed that you fainted."

"How long was I out?" I asked, trying to find out the current time.

"For a good 2 minutes."

I groaned and leaned forward, Levi's hand leaving my back. He crouched beside me, his steel eyes never leaving me. "Can you stand?"

I hesitantly nodded, and gathered my strength to stand up. My left leg slightly faltered, and I stumbled forward with a gasp, only to be stopped by a firm hand on my shoulders.

"I asked if you can stand, I didn't tell you to force it you idiot," Levi murmured softly, helping me straighten up ever so softly. I sunk in his arms, sudden exhaustion grasping my body.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his voice gentle. I shook my head and relieved myself from my usual straight stature, going into a slouching position that made it easier to save my energy.

Levi sighed and placed my arm over his shoulder, his other hand softly pushing my back. Good boy, at least you're not a pervert. He helped me walk to a bench, before I plopped myself down, still exhausted and shocked.

What the hell did I see before? It was so vivid.... up to a point where it scared the living balls out of me. Everything was a shitty blur, but there were some things I can positively say.

I was wounded, and I was falling.

Not falling down mentally or something like that, but legit falling down from a fucking cliff.

Then, everything went black and I couldn't feel my body at all. So that means..... I died?

"What are you thinking about?" Levi asked, staring at my face.

I squinted my eyes, my lips forming a frown. "Something... I saw when I fel-- um.. jumped."

"Which is?" His steel blue eyes sharpened, his focus solely on me.

I blinked, thinking if it was a good idea to tell him what I saw. I still don't trust the bitch after all. Satisfied with the answer I planned, I gave him a small shrug with an extremely simplified answer, "I saw myself falling, that's all."