Chapter 44: More Than One

*When you're writing this book, and you can see the ending nearing

:v

----------

After this chapter, updates will be WEEKLY, every Monday, in author's local time.

I have 3 days of school orientation, and after that, regular school begins immediately, so I am incredibly busy by then.

Greatest apologies.

Rhina

----------

Armin dragged me outside away as soon as we got away from Eren, his eyes shining with excitement.

"Did you hear that (Y/N)?"

I tried to calm him down, but he still remained jumpy. "Eren said his father was going to write more than one book! There's another one!"

"Yes.. yes, I understand that, but can we go back to my dorm if we're going to talk about this?"

He nodded enthusiastically, quickly dragging me to my room. "Hurry up! I need to see the note as well!"

I rolled my eyes, rushing back to my dorm with Armin high on my heels. I opened the door, revealing a half-surprised Petra fixing her shirt.

"Uhh, hi?"

Petra raised a brow, glancing at Armin. "You've been coming here often, haven't you Armin?"

"Heh, yeah..." Armin rubbed the back of his head uncomfortably.

"Whatever. (Y/N), there's party downtown. You coming?"

I shook my head. "No. Finals is this Monday, I gotta study. You too, Petra."

The strawberry-blonde waved it off. "I'll study when I get back. Chillax hun."

"Your 'chillax' nearly made me fail the previous semester exams, so, no thank you."

Petra rolled her eyes and patted my head as she passed me. "You're such a nerd (Y/N). See ya later."

I gave a forced smile. "Bye."

As Petra walked away, I let out a sigh, gesturing Armin to come in. We sat down on my bed, and I quickly fetched Ilse's diary m opening it to the page where she wrote down the note.

We scanned it, and I immediately found my answer.

"So , I see you've started writing again."

"You already betrayed me once, and I was still able to forgive."

"But you tried to betray me again."

"Werewolf origins isn't the only book he was writing," I murmured, "There was another one."

Armin looked up. "The special edition?"

"No.. it can't be. It must've been a completely different book."

"Come to think of it... the original book's story was still a bit blurry."

I stared at Armin. "Like he was trying to hide something," I added.

"Yeah..." He agreed, before looking at me in slight shock. "Wait, you read the book?"

I reluctantly nodded. "I even got the special edition."

"What?!" Armin jumped. "Where?"

I shrugged. "Uhh, I don't know where, but it's probably in ashes."

The blonde boy's face dropped. "You burnt it?! When?! How?! Why??!!"

"At The Dump, before we came to Paradis," I answered with ease, flipping through the diary's pages.

Armin let out a groan of frustration, running his hands through his hair. "Why would you do that!"

I sighed. "I was going to put the whole werewolf thing behind me, but it seems the curse follows me wherever I go."

"Curse?" Armin asked suddenly, looking up.

"Yeah. Just trying to make a reference. It was a small note at the bottom of one of the pages in the special edition book. Said something about a curse."

"The theory in the origins book never mentioned any curse..." Armin muttered, glancing away. "Did the special version elaborate on it?"

I thought for a second, going through my memory. "Uhh... no, I don't think so. It was just one small note at the end."

Me and Armin stayed silent for a while, gazing at each other. I knew he was thinking was I was thinking.

"The curse..." I whispered.

"That must've been what he was writing in the second book." Armin hissed, leaning closer.

"It must be the real truth."

"And Kam saw it as a threat."

I looked at Armin, darkness looming over our eyes. "So he... eliminated the threat."

Silence fell over us as we finally understood the cause of Dr. Jaeger's death.

"We need to figure out who Kam is," Armin said in a low voice, laced with pure determination. "It seems that all of the clues and incidents eventually lead back to this person."

"Perhaps he's the leader of werewolves?" I suggested.

"No.. werewolves belong in packs, even though they live separately. And each pack has their own Alpha."

"Maybe it's a big pack that dominates every other pack? And Kam's their Alpha?"

"A bigger, dominant pack?" Armin murmured, almost to himself. "I've never heard about it, but it could be a possibility."

We stayed silent for a moment, lost for words. Armin sighed heavily and brought his hands to his face.

"The only possible chance we have of finding out more is when we go back to Ms. Falida in a few weeks," he mumbled through his hand.

I agreed quietly, going into thought for a second. "Armin?"

"Yes?"

"Do you think... this is a good idea?"

Armin looked up. "What is?"

"Us," I pointed back and forth, "Learning about all this werewolf things."

"I think it's a great idea for us to uncover the truth about werewolves."

I gulped. "Well I think Dr. Jaeger and Ilse also thought it was a great idea to learn the history of werewolves, and look what happened to them."

"(Y/N), that's different--"

I cut Armin off. "No! It's the same, think about it. They both wanted to learn the truth, and they were both killed!"

Armin looked at me with wide eyes. "Every single time a person tries to find out the truth, they are eliminated."

I looked at Armin, worry clouding my eyes. "Clearly, werewolves are trying to hide their past, and even their being. But why?"

The blonde boy gazed at me with the same emotions. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes momentarily. "We'll never know until we find out, right?"

I sighed, rubbing my temples as I held the diary in my hands.

"Besides," Armin continued, "Who the hell's going to harm two nosy-ass, fucking kids?"

------

Sorry for the short chapter.