Chapter 101: Train

It was discussed and decided.

I would remain here to master all my werewolf abilities before returning to Paradis. After quite some convincing, Levi finally agreed for me to extend my stay at Dr. Joy's private house to learn the werewolf side of me, since it was considerably dangerous for a werewolf lord to be so lost about themselves.

He wished me goodluck and promised that he would also train to block out Nightmare's whispers.

Levi's support was heartwarming to say the least, and motivated me to do my best as well. We're both working to become better people, even though separated by thousands of miles. And to be honest, I feel glad that Levi can be more open to me about the problems he's been facing for so long, and I hope by the end of this training, I can better understand and help him go through with it.

As well as help myself.

"(Y/N)." Fingers snapped in front of my face. "Oy (Y/N)! Focus!"

I jumped, startled by Annie who was waving her hand in front of my face. The blonde girl raised an eyebrow and sighed. "You have to focus if you want to be able to do this."

"Sorry," I apologized, scratching the back of my head guiltily.

Right now, we were standing in the middle of Dr. Joy's wide grassy backyard, the setting sun casting orange light over us.

"C'mon, it's nearly night time," Annie muttered.

I huffed. "You said it'd be better if we did it at night."

"Yes, but there's no guarantees you can even transform yet! So try now, c'mon."

Annie's currently teaching me how to transform into a wolf the 'right' way. And I didn't even know there was a certain way werewolves transform. After some deep explaining by both Annie and Dr. Joy, I was told that the way I had transformed at the cliff was.... odd.

I remember being in that strange room that had a wall seperating me and my wolf. Dr. Joy said that werewolves called that place, the Mind Realm. No one really knows where the name came from, but everyone calls it that.

In a werewolf's body, there are two souls. The soul of the human, and the soul of the wolf. And in the Mind Realm is where the two souls are located. Kind of hard to understand but that's just how it is.

When I was in that place a year ago, I distinctly remember being on a side that was ridiculously bright, and my wolf standing on the other that was quite dark. In between us was a wall.

According to Dr. Joy, the side I was standing at is called the Awake. The soul that was in the Awake was the one who had full control over the body. Not only that, but the body will take the physical form of that soul.

So if the human soul was in the Awake, the body will take shape as a human. If the wolf soul was there instead, then the body will take form of a wolf.

One of the things about werewolves that no science can explain. Hearing about it is honestly so interesting.

On the other side of the wall, the darker one, is called the Asleep. The soul here will only remain as a thought, or a voice in one's head.

Based on what happened on the cliff, and what my wolf ordered me to do, the way to transform was for me and my wolf to switch places. She would go to the Awake and I to the Asleep. In the process, my body would turn into a wolf's and I would lose all control over it.

When I explained it to Annie and the doctor, they were left speechless, staring at me with wide eyes. It seems that my way of transforming was very different from theirs.