Chapter 14: Starting

Boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boo--

God phone, shut the fuck up, I'm already fucking awake.

I turned off the alarm on my phone. Great. First day of school.

A yawn escaped my lips as I stretched my arms over my head, making a satisfying crack in my bones.

6:00 am

I had been awake from two hours, usual insomnia, and I just studied from there. Class starts at 7:30, and we should already be present in class by 7:20. Today was orientation day, so just an empty scratch book would suffice.

I stuffed one empty book in my bag, and headed for the bathroom. Petra's alarm's set at 6:30, so I've got half an hour of bathroom time before Petra starts whining.

Lucky for me, I'm not those type of girls that take so long in the bathroom, you can go save the world and come back, and she'd still be inside.

The school uniform was incredibly unique, a white long-sleeved buttoned up shirt, with a brown long-sleeved jacket that went down to my hips, with light grey pants that wasn't too tight and wasn't too loose. (Sorry, I suck at describing clothes)

I went out of the bathroom with the uniform messily put on, just as Petra's alarm went off. The strawberry-blonde grunted and slammed her alarm off, before slowly rising from her position.

"Yo," I waved at her lightly, drying my hair with a towel at the same time.

"Yo? (Y/N).....are you already ready?" Petra asked sleepily, her eyes half-open.

"Um, yeah," I replied, drying the other side of my hair.

"It's like... 6:30 in the morning though!" She exclaimed.

"So?" I shrugged as I finished drying my hair. I went to my bag and fumbled with it, before taking out a hairbrush.

Petra looked at me as if I was crazy, before she rose from her bed and went inside the bathroom. I combed my hair, not really bothering to tie it. Then, I fixed my uniform, making it slightly more presentable.

By the time I finished, it was 7 past something, I couldn't be bothered to look. Petra was still not out of the bathroom and I sighed.

I really don't want to have to wait for her do whatever she does in there, so, I have a solution planned.

Walking up to the bathroom door, I knocked three times, earning a what? from inside. "Petra, I'm going to the cafeteria first. See you in class."

"What? You're going to leave me?!" Petra screeched, her voice echoing in the room.

"It's nearly seven and you're not out of the bathroom, plus you still need to use your makeup or whatever and I like having breakfast before school so bye."

I stifled a laugh when I heard Petra scream my name when I shut the door. And yes, I didn't forget my ID and whatnot. Sighing, I took the lift down to ground floor.

For school days, the cafeteria opens in a fixed schedule. The cafeteria serves three meals a day for students, for free.

For breakfast: 6:45 - 8:30 am

For lunch: 11:45 am - 1:15 pm

For dinner: 7:30 - 9:30 pm

If you missed out, then too bad. You're gonna have to buy some food at the canteen. And it really sucks having to buy food from the canteen.

In the cafeteria, you can choose the contents of your meal to your pleasure. Choose any or take a piece of them all, just don't take too much.

In the canteen, it's fixed menus, fixed price. They don't even let you fucking negotiate the price.