Chapter 15: Hey!

"Don't tell me Hanji's our homeroom teacher?!"

Erwin turned his gaze sharply to me and opened his mouth to speak, but then he was interrupted by Hanji's shriek.

Now that I think about it, and actually listen properly, Hanji wasn't screaming at the students. It's impossible since her screams were filled with... fear?

The thought of Hanji being in danger made me jump to her aid, fighting the strong waves of students, pushing through until I made it to the classroom door.

"Hanji!" I called out, straining my neck to find her. God, fuck me and my short height.

"Hanji where are you?!" I called out again, much louder this time.

From the crowd, I heard Hanji's strained voice somewhere. "(Y/N), IS THAT YOU?! DON'T COME! IT'S DANGEROUS!!"

My blood turned cold as I heard her words. I began pushing the crowd more roughly, until I saw Hanji.

She was sprawling on the floor, with this guy leaning over her, his hand holding a wooden stick.

"(Y/N), don't come any closer," Hanji wailed, her arms flailing to defend herself. "This guy's dangerous!"

I lowered my guard a little bit. The guy was wearing WSH's teacher uniform. "Are you... Mr. Shadis?" I asked slowly, taking small steps to Hanji.

The brunette dragged herself away from the man. "Wait (Y/N) you know this guy?"

I shrugged. "I read on the class paper that Mr. Shadis was our homeroom teacher."

My eyes narrowed as I tried to make out the writing on his name badge.

Oh shit.

Keith Shadis.

Yep, this guy's our homeroom teacher.

"WHAT ARE YOU MAGGOTS FUCKING STARING AT? AND WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU NOT IN CLASS?!" He screamed, making Hanji flinch.

The brunette gave him a toothy smile before scurrying to class, blending in with everyone else. Mr. Shadis's deadly gaze turned to me.

I read from somewhere that the way people salute in Paradis is by curling your right hand into a fist, and placing it on your heart, with your left arm folded behind you.

Unique, right?

"Sir!" I saluted, my voice soft and not strong like I hoped it'll be.

Mr. Shadis walked to me and stopped right in front. "Drop that sloppy salute and get into class, student," he growled, staring right into me.

As much as how scared I was, I just noticed I wasn't shaking like all the others. I gave him a quick nod before entering the class again, and not sitting down since someone was already sitting next to Armin.

The shitty homeroom teacher smacked my head lightly. "WHY AREN'T YOU IN A SEAT? DO I HAVE TO FUCKING TELL YOU EVERYTHING YOU DAFT FUCK?!"

I winced and rubbed my head. The only seat left was next or in front of Levi. Now I'd rather choose a seat where I can actually see him, instead of having him behind me doing god knows what. So naturally, I chose the one beside.

Levi scowled at me when I settled down, and I returned it with my own glare.

Shit teacher took his place at the front, and began to fucking scream shit.

"ALRIGHT YOU LITTLE DIPSHITS. I HOPE YOU LIKE WHERE YOU'RE SITTING, BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE YOU'RE STAYING UNTIL YOU CAN ALL FUCKING FINISH THIS YEAR!"