Chapter 62: You Monster

I hummed softly to myself as I opened the door to Erwin's room. Ever since he came in, I've been visiting Erwin at the hospital every day for the past 6 days.

Yesterday, the doctor said he might be releasing Erwin today, and I came over after school as fast as I can.

Hanji has been skipping school to keep Erwin company. Sometimes, she'd even sleep in the room. Honestly, her loyalty and companionship seems endless when it comes to Erwin.

"Hey," I greeted softly, closing the door behind me.

"Hi (Y/N)." Hanji waved back friendly.

"So," I began, "What did the doctor say?"

Hanji and Erwin briefly exchanged a smile, before Erwin said happily, "I get to leave this evening!"

"That's great!" I exclaimed, rushing forward to give him a hug.

Erwin chuckled and lifted a hand to pat my head. "Doctor said I'm all good to go. But I still have physical therapy sessions weekly."

I let go of Erwin and took a small step back. "Okay, but how's the pain?"

"It's barely there anymore," he replied, gently touching the back of his head. "I can't do any mild stuff yet."

"Yep! He'll just be stuck to simple sports for a bit. Hopefully not too long, since the expedition's test run is coming up pretty soon."

The expedition test run. Since the senior's expeditions are known to be wild and extreme, the school holds a 24 hour simulation for the students, so they'll have an idea on what the real deal is going to be like.

And they'll also simulate emergency situations and all those stuff.

"Have they sort out the teams yet?"

I shook my head. "Tomorrow they're announcing it."

There are three classes in the last grade, considering how little students they accepted at that time.

Each class is divided into two teams. Seeing that this is quite a dangerous expedition, members of the teams are those who have high compatibility percentage, based on the homeroom teacher's evaluation.

I stared at Hanji helping Erwin pack everything. I can only hope the expedition will be as smooth as it can get, and that everything will be a success.

***

"Attention all seniors! The teams for the expedition has been placed on the main board. I repeat, the teams has been chosen. Please check your teams as soon as possible!"

Everything was a flash after that. I can only remember dashing out of the dorm with Petra and sprinting towards the school's main board.

I can only imagine everyone else doing the same.

It was already pretty crowded by the time I reached the board. Students were huddled together, trying to read the names printed out.

After standing for a few minutes at the back, I decided to try and slip in the crowd and make my way to the front.

Once I was close enough, I squinted my eyes as I tried to find my name.

After briefly skimming the papers, I found both mine and Petra's name in the same team.

---

Team A - 2

Erwin Smith
Hanji Zoë
Levi Ackerman
(Y/N) (L/N)
Petra Ral
Eren Jaeger
Mikasa Ackerman
Armin Arlert