Chapter 68: A Glimpse of Joy

"Momma!"

A middle aged woman turned around, gazing down at the small child hugging her leg.

She chuckled lightly, placing a hand on the little girl's head. "What is it, sweets?"

"I wan to fly!" The little girl babbled, stretching her arms out.

The woman chuckled, fixing up her loose (h/c) hair. "(Y/N) sweetie, you know mommy's floppy arms can't make you fly."

"Whas foppy?" She asked, her eyes shining bright with confusion.

The little girl's mother pretended to be in thought for a while, before trying to explain it to her daughter in the most simplest way possible. "Sweetie, you know what a noodle is right?"

"Noo.. de?"

"Noodle, (Y/N). The wiggly, soft food you like to eat?"

"Umm..."

"The yellow worms dear."

The little girl jumped up in excitement. "Oh! Oh! I remember!"

The woman smiled, crouching down. "You remember how soft and wiggly they are?"

The small (h/c) girl nodded enthusiastically. "Yes!"

"Well that's what floppy means!"

(Y/N) stared at her mother with wide eyes, before her gaze travelled down to her mother's arms. She patted it a few times and pressed on it, her actions making her mother smile in amusement.

"Momma's lying! Momma's arm hard, not foppy like doonels!"

"No, they are floppy. Look!" The woman began wiggling her arms around, making her daughter break out in laughter. When she stopped, (Y/N) kept laughing for a little longer before her face turned into a serious baby expression.

"I still wan to fly momma."

The woman raised a brow. "Mommy's lazy."

(Y/N) placed her hands on her mother's face. "I wanna fly."

At around the same time, the door creaked open followed by a warm, soothing voice. "I'm home~!"

The woman flipped her daughter around. "Look sweetie, there's your daddy! Ask him to make you fly!"

(Y/N) dashed from her mother to her father, immediately hugging his legs. "Dadda I wan to fly!!"

The woman grinned, staring at the man that had just come back home. "(F/N), listen to that. Your daughter wants you to make her fly."

(F/N) picked up his little girl and cuddled her in his arms. "Really (M/N)? I come back home from work and this is how you treat me?"

(Y/N) softly slapped her father's face with her hands. "I wanna fly dadda, not cuddle."

The dark haired man sighed and began swinging his daughter around in the air, her squeals of happiness ringing through the air.