Chapter 81: Mending

"(Y-Y/N), your injuries..."

"They're gone."

I stared at my arm, shock making my whole body freeze on the spot. It was clean. Healed. Gone. The only thing left was a fading scar. I blinked my eyes.

Once.

And then twice.

It still remained the same. The wound was really healed. Panic immediately began settling in the pits of my guts, my mouth letting out quivering gasps of air as I waved my arm around. It's working and functioning properly, no pain, no sores, nothing. It felt as good as new.

"Wh-.. what kind of medicine did you give me Petra?!" I stammered out, facing the equally shocked Petra beside me.

Petra shuffled through her kit, the panic wild in her eyes as she took out everything in it. "I didn't- I don't.... Your arm is not normal! It couldn't have healed!!"

The frantic girl grabbed my arm, inspecting every inch of it. I felt her pull, squeeze and slap my arm, disbelief written all over her face. "Your flesh was torn open from here and all the way to here, I swear." Petra traced the place of the wound she remembered with her finger, all of our eyes following it.

"It's just impossible," she whispered out, letting go of my arm. I let it fall to the bed, the shock making me too weak to even move it. A soft voice sounded from beside me and I turned to see Mikasa shaking her head while keeping her eyes glued to my arm. "Werewolves...."

Petra looked up, confusion mixing with the shock on her features. "What about werewolves?"

The raven haired girl brought her eyes to meet ours, strands of hair falling and covering her face. "They- we heal faster than humans." She brought her gaze back down to my fully healed arm. "But I've never seen any of us heal so quickly. Especially with wounds like that."

I gulped, shivers of fear travelling down my spine. "So you're saying... that I healed faster than... werewolves?"

Mikasa looked at me with a dark and puzzled gaze. "Yes. (Y/N)... what-"

"Someone's coming," Petra interrupted, her eyes wide and ears perked. She tossed me my jacket, urging me to quickly put it on. "Here! Put this on and make sure your arm is covered!"

I slipped on the jacket with ease and pretended like nothing had happened. The footsteps grew louder and not long after, Hanji stepped inside the room. "Hey, what're you doing?"

"Just... changing (Y/N)'s bandages," Petra answered with a slightly nervous tone as she closed her kit and tucked it away.

"Oh, I see. How's your arm doing (Y/N)?"

I grazed my hand over it, avoiding Hanji's curious and sympathetic gaze. "It's... getting better, I guess."

Hanji gave me a supporting smile. "That's good to hear. Anyways, Erwin's called a meeting to discuss what will happen next. He asked me to gather everyone."

"No worries," Petra answered, fixing her sleeves as she gestured me to stand up. "We've finished here already."

"Alright. Let's go." Hanji led us to the main room, where everyone was silently sitting around the table. "Everyone's here," Hanji announced, taking a seat beside Erwin.

Petra took a seat and glanced at me as she patted the one beside her. I smiled and gratefully sat down beside her. Silence fell over the table as everyone looked at Erwin expectantly. The blonde man let his gaze travel to each and every person, before taking a deep breath to begin talking.