Chapter 94: The Past and The Future

So sorry for the late update! (>︿<。)

We hit 10k votes while I was writing this chapter. I thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart! <3

———————

I limped my way to the room Dr. Joy said she was in, my hand grasping the door's handle as I subconsciously leaned a part of my body's weight on it, pushing the door open. It creaked as it swung open, capturing the attention of the aged woman inside who was reading the many papers and books splayed in front of her.

Dr. Joy glanced at me with her hazel eyes, confused for a few miliseconds before remembering her words. "(Y/N)," she greeted, gesturing to the seat across from her. "Have a seat."

I nodded, dragging my body to the cushioned seat and setting myself down on it. The chocolate haired doctor leaned forward, her glasses momentarily glinting as it caught the light, her fingers intertwined with one another. "Please. Tell me what you wish to know."

One of my hands reached up to tuck a stray strand of hair back behind my ear before placing it on my lap neatly. My eyes met the doctor's as I thought of the one question no one has ever been able to answer.

"Why am I werewolf?"

Dr. Joy remained silent for a moment, simply studying my face. After a whole minute of silence, she finally answered. "I believe you're a werewolf.... because you always have been one."

"That's impossible," I answered almost immediately. "I've always lived as a human. I had no voice, no wolf — I was a pure human."

"Then were you turned into one?" Dr. Joy asked back.

"What?"

The doctor paused at my response, looking shocked for a heartbeat before composing herself. "You see (Y/N), there are two ways of becoming a werewolf."

What??

"The first one, is if you are born as a werewolf. That is how most werewolves in this world came to be."

No book, article or even theories I've read mentioned another way of becoming a werewolf. "And the second..?"

"The second... is if a werewolf alpha lord turns a human into one."

I froze. "They-... they can do that? How?"

"I don't know how." Dr. Joy shrugged. "I'm not a werewolf lord."

But I am. The words rung in my head after hearing her answer. I stared at my hands in silent shock. I can turn a human into a werewolf?

"But.... why would they do that?"

"The reason varies... but I've heard you can save a dying human's life by turning them."

"You can... what? But-"

Dr. Joy cut me off. "So (Y/N), do you remember ever being turned into a werewolf?"

I shook my head quickly. "No! I've never — I was human! I had no ears or tail. I had no wolf! I had no dumb voice in my head!"

"Then when did you start hearing your wolf? That voice in your head?"

The doctor's question made me truly stop and think about it. When did I start hearing this voice?

My hands crawled up to my head, massaging it while slightly pulling down my hair. I shut my eyes, forcing myself to think hard about when it all began. So hard that my head hurt.

When did you appear Voice-... or rather, Ziahra? When??

You were there on the mountain.

You were there before the last expedition.