Chapter 83: Erwin Smith

Lights flashed while arms were held up high, students dancing to the beat of the drums as everyone sang the lyrics to a song. A girl stood still some distance away with disinterest, turning on her heels to walk away, but only to stare into a person's chest.

She looked up, (e/c) eyes locking gazes with soft ocean blue ones, belonging to a tall blonde man with a gentle smile on his lips. The man bowed slightly and extended a hand towards me, not losing eye contact.

"Care for a dance?" He asked, his voice deep and smooth.

The girl took a step back, waving her hands and shaking her head as she gave a nervous chuckle. "O-oh no, I'm sorry. I don't dance."

The blonde man straightened up and drew back his hand, nodding in understanding. "Ah, apologies." He paused for a moment, gazing at me with slightly curious eyes. "It's a pleasure to meet you," the man said, the smile coming to grace his features as he offered his hand out again. This time, for a handshake. "My name's Erwin."

She returned his warm smile and gave his much larger hand a brief shake. "(Y/N)."

*

Terrible dancers surrounded a squirming girl, pushing and shoving anyone and everyone to try and get closer to the Queen of Parties dancing on top of a table. (Y/N)'s body was constantly met by the heels and elbows of sloppy dancers as she shuffled around, trying to find her way out of this mess.

She heard a faint voice calling out her name, before feeling a hand grab her own as the unknown person dragged her out of the maze of humans. (Y/N) looked up to see Erwin holding her hand as he brought her away from everyone.

"You okay?" He asked with a small chuckle, ocean eyes shining with sympathy.

(Y/N) gave her shoulder a brush, flashing the blonde man a grateful smile. "Yeah. Nearly died in there, so thanks a bunch Erwin."

Erwin smiled, letting go of her hand as he led her to where everyone else was sitting. "I'm glad I could help. Come, everyone's here."

*

Erwin stood up and lifted up his cup, his eyes sweeping over us one by one.

"We will all be together for the next three years.—

Shadis turned on his heels and left us all standing in the middle of the field surrounded by club booths. Slowly, everyone gazed expectantly at our newly appointed class captain, who let out a heavy sigh.

—And yet, during the few days we've been together,—

"Come (Y/N)!" Erwin waved his arm into the air, a wide smile on his face. "Come play some air hockey with me and Levi!"

—I have never felt so comfortable with anyone else but you all.—

Erwin, Hanji, Mikasa, Eren, Armin, and (Y/N) lazed around in the warm sun, laying down on the soft grass of the grassy clearing, their group's secret hideout. Levi was the only one sitting up, refusing to lay down on the dirty ground. Ultimately, everyone teased him for it, but as always, Erwin was the only one who defended him.

—Let this be the start of a new friendship,—

(Y/N) held Petra's tea set present for Levi, her eyes pleading as she gazed at Erwin, who was standing right next to her, keys twirling in his fingers. "Erwin! Can you please let me in? I have to give this thing to Levi."