Going Home

In a brief statement Friday night, Minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge confirmed that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named has returned to this country and is active once more.

"It is with great regret that I must confirm that the wizard styling himself Lord-well, you know who I mean-is alive and among us again," said Fudge, looking tired and flustered as he addressed reporters. "It is with almost equal regret that we report the mass revolt of the dementors of Azkaban, who have shown themselves averse to continuing in the Ministry's employ. We believe that the dementors are currently taking directions from Lord-Thingy.

"We urge the magical population to remain vigilant. The Ministry is currently publishing guides to elementary home and personal defense that will be delivered free to all Wizarding homes within the coming month."

The Ministry's statement was met with dismay and alarm from the Wizarding community, which, as recently as last Wednesday was receiving Ministry assurances that there was "no truth whatsoever in these persistent rumors that You-Know-Who is operating amongst us once more."

Details of the events that led to the Ministry turnaround are still hazy, though it is believed that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and a secret band of followers (known as Death Eaters) regained entry to the Ministry of Magic on Thursday evening.

Albus Dumbledore, newly reinstated headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, reinstated member of the International Confederation of Wizards, and reinstated Chief Warlock of the Wizangamot, was unavailable for comment last night. He has insisted for a year that You-Know-Who was not dead, as was widely hoped and believed, but recruiting followers once more for a fresh attempt to seize power. Meanwhile, the Boy Who Lived-

"There you two are, I knew they'd drag Harry into it somehow," said Hermione, looking over the top of the paper that Harry was reading.

They were in the hospital wing. Estella was sitting at the end of Hermione's bed. Harry was sitting on the end of Ron's bed, and they were listening to Hermione read the front page of the Sunday Prophet. Ginny, whose ankle was now completely mended, sat next to Luna, quietly whispering to each other; Neville, whose nose had likewise been returned to its normal size and shape, was in a chair between two beds.

"He's 'the Boy Who Lived' again now, though, isn't he?" said Ron darkly. "Not such a show-off maniac anymore, eh?"

He had helped himself to a handful of Chocolate Frogs from the immense pile on his bedside cabinet, threw a few to Estella, Harry, Ginny, and Neville, and ripped off the wrapper of his own with his teeth. There were still deep welts on his forearms where the brain tentacles had wrapped around him. According to Madam Pomfrey, thoughts could leave deeper scarring than almost anything else, though since she had started applying copious amounts of Dr. Ubbly's Oblivious Unction, there seemed to be some improvement.

"Yes, they're very complimentary about you now, Harry," said Hermione, now scanning down the article. "'A voice of truth...perceived as unbalanced, yet never wavered in his story...forced to bear ridicule and slander...'"

"That's funny because they're neglecting to mention the fact that it was them doing all the ridiculing and slandering, though," said Estella ironically.

Harry laughed softly at the girl.

"Estella, they're even painting you as a good guy again," said Hermione, "'though the girl faced intense hatred for being the daughter of Aspen Dumbledore, she never wavered in supporting the Boy Who Lived and her grandfather. It has been revealed that she has kept the Wizarding community safe through informing a secret society of Voldemort's actions, thus preparing members of said society to face off and remain one step ahead of Voldemort up until the Department of Mysteries battle..."