Disaster at a Beautiful Ceremony

Estella had been getting ready with Hermione and Ginny since nine o'clock that morning and it was now three o'clock on the following afternoon that they'd finally finished. Estella's hair had been Charmed to be a deep shade of brown as compared to her normal pale brown hair with red highlights.

Her eyes, now a deep blue, compelled Estella to stand out more than her gray ones did, in her opinion; especially against the paler complexion of her golden dress.

"Estella, you look beautiful," said Ginny, as she bent low to slip on her heels.

"I'm not used to these eyes," grumbled Estella as she stared at her reflection. "I prefer heels to blue eyes. That's how much I don't like them."

Blue eyes truly didn't suit her at all.

"Don't let Ron hear you say that," laughed Hermione, who stood next to her, applying last-minute touches to her eyeshadow. She wore a floaty, lilac-colored dress with matching high heels; her hair was sleek and shiny, courtesy of Estella, who was unsure to straighten it but did so after reassurance from Hermione.

Estella couldn't bring herself to laugh.

"What's wrong?" asked Hermione, pausing and turning her full attention to Estella.

"It's nothing," said Estella, rotating the rings on her hand. "Well, you know my dreams..."

Hermione and Ginny nodded.

"Well, I've been seeing Death Eaters more so than usual. They're all over Hogwarts."

"Have you told anyone?" asked Hermione, looking carefully at Ginny. The only Weasely who'd be returning to Hogwarts this year.

She nodded. "My dad and Lupin."

"Good," murmured Ginny. "Then we should be fine to go back. They'll stop it."

Her voice was hopeful, but Estella knew better and so did Hermione. Estella's dreams would come true and Hogwarts would be infiltrated by Death Eaters.

She finished applying her makeup, slipped on a pair of black heels, and stood in front of the mirror, next to Ginny and Hermione.

"Let's not be late," she said, grabbing Ginny's arm and dragging her down the stairs while Hermione followed.

"Who are you two?" hissed a newer voice, which neither Estella nor Hermione had heard before.

They instantly recognized her as Ron's Great-Aunt Muriel, the one mostly everyone hated and who was known for being brutally honest and unafraid to share her opinions. She had a beaky nose, red-rimmed eyes, and a feathery pink hat that gave her the look of a bad-tempered flamingo. Ginny had already gone off to find her mum, leaving the two girls to fend for themselves.

"What are you two wearing?" huffed Aunt Muriel, disappointed. "The clothing girls wear nowadays. Straighten up, the posture on the pair of you is horrendous. You're both far too skinny. For Heaven's sake, your ankles!

Estella's eyes narrowed at the women.

She was just as rude as Ron always said she was.

"You know one day that'll be your Great-Aunt-in-law, right?" asked Estella, once they were a close enough distance away.

Hermione stared at her, completely shocked at the words that just left her mouth.

"What? No! I mean, how-" she sputtered, as a familiar voice beamed, "You two look great!"

Ron and Harry stood in front of them; Ron's gaze lingering on Hermione before forcing himself to look somewhere else.

Harry resisted the urge to pull Estella into his arms. She stood before him, looking positively radiant, though her eyes and hair were different, she projected the same level of beauty.