Journey to the Burrow

Estella hadn't had a peaceful moment since summer arrived. Each dream, she saw death after death, disappearance after disappearance, and torture after torture at the hands of Death Eaters instructed to cause widespread terror. She occasionally saw Hogwarts up in flames, but the vision vanished from her eyes after mere seconds. The war was here, there was no doubt about that.

Security members around her had increased tremendously. At any moment, there were at least four Order members within her house. Her father hardly ever left anymore; to work and straight back, only entering the premise after forcing Estella to ask him a series of questions. Aspen couldn't risk losing her, he'd already lost too much.

There was hope amidst all the sadness, Lupin and Tonks had gotten married. Their wedding was small and simple, but beautiful. Lupin and her father cried as they hugged, celebrating the fact that Lupin, after all this time, had found someone that loved him unconditionally.

If Estella wasn't practicing Defensive magic or learning protection Charms, she was brewing a quantity of potions and even antidotes. Anything she thought would help on the quest to find Horcruxes, she brewed.

Harry and Estella were closer than ever, letters were constantly exchanged. If anything, losing her grandfather brought them closer together, forced them to see that any moment they could die; though, Harry had attempted, and failed, to end things with her out of fear he'd bring her closer into harm's way if they were together. As if Estella would let him be the one to end things, not when he was finally listening to her, that is; they were a partnership, and not even the cosmos could break them apart, let alone some Death Eaters.

Estella stood, packing clothes, bandages, shoes, and other necessities in a Charmed bag that Hermione had sent her. Hermione's would carry the brunt of the books and anything else Estella's couldn't; it was already loaded with Hermione, Harry, and Ron's clothing but enchanted to not feel nearly as heavy as it should. Her eyes wandered to her closet where her Hogwarts uniform hung, untouched since she arrived home. It was a sad thought that she'd never be wearing it again.

Wordlessly, she swung the bag over her shoulders and hurried downstairs where Hermione and Ron, alongside members of the Order were waiting to go fetch Harry via broomstick, thesterals, and one flying motorcycle.

"You ready?" asked Moody, his magical eye darting around the room before landing on her.

"Yup."

With that, they were off, streaking through the violent wind in the sheer cover of darkness. With a deafening roar, they arrived in the garden of 4 Privet Drive, Harry's residence for the last seventeen years of his life. The air quivered as their Disillusionment Charms lifted, and one by one they dismounted.

Estella barely had time to climb down from the black-winged horse when arms flung around her, pulling her into a bone-shattering hug.

Harry's familiar body towered over her, his right hand cupped the back of her head and his other around her waist. Her body hummed with familiar sparks of comforting energy as she lingered in his arms.

"You didn't write or use your bracelet," whispered Harry, his voice urgent. He wasn't trying to be needy or clingy, but one did get worried in times like these, and Harry was good at worrying about Estella.

Estella pulled back, his emerald green eyes shone brightly in the moonlight. "They told me not to. Couldn't risk them finding out we were moving tonight. It was hard enough to convince Moody and my father to let us move on the same night. Didn't seem worth arguing about."

Harry nodded and quickly kissed her before Ron and Hermione hurtled into them.

"Group hug, eh?" giggled Estella as Ron clapped Harry on the back.