Meeting with Sirius and Uncovering Secrets

In the time leading to the meeting with Sirius, Estella, and Harry spent all their free time together. Code words and actions were established so they could signal to one another when they were in need of alone time. A tug of the ear meant let's go snog, while the mention of Lun meant let's go on a date, typically in the Astronomy Tower.

On one particular day, Estella was in the library and was surprised by Harry, who'd snuck up behind her and pressed a kiss against the side of her neck as she looked for a book.

"Hi, Harry," smiled Estella as she turned around. His arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her close.

"One second," she whispered, "Mione, Ginny, did you find that Arithmancy book we were looking for?"

"No," replied Hermione as Ginny called out, "Still looking!"

Harry nodded in understanding before placing a lingering kiss on her lips.

"Are you skipping?" Estella asked as she ran a finger down his smiling face.

"Hmm, I asked to leave early to do research for the third task," Harry mused as he littered kisses over her face, making Estella laugh.

"Harry!" Estella exclaimed as the boy went in for another kiss, but she turned her head, listening for Ginny and Hermione. Despite being a year younger, Ginny had been booted up to their Arithmancy class and partnered with Hermione and Estella on a research project.

"That was close," she whispered, thinking of Hermione and Ginny's nearby presence. It wasn't Hermione she was concerned about, but Ginny, who had a knack for gossiping when it came to Hogwarts relationships.

Harry sent a playful grin her way as he leaned down, his lips sensually brushing her ear, "Not close enough."

Estella's face lit up with a smile, "You are going to get us caught!" said Estella as she pushed him back, just in time for Ginny and Hermione to round the corner.

Hermione's knowing eyes met hers with a smirk while Ginny looked confused.

"Hey, Harry, I didn't hear you come in," said Ginny, smiling at Harry.

"Or see you," Hermione said teasingly.

"Oh, yeah, I just got here," Harry said, probably a bit too quickly, as he earned a knowing smile from Hermione and a confused glance from ginny.

"Oh, well, it's certainly nice to see you!" said Ginny as she beamed up at Harry, warranting a confused expression from Harry and a shared glance between Estella and Hermione.

"Want to go back to the table with us?" Ginny asked, almost as if flirting. "We're working on Arithmancy."

"No, I-we, Hermione too, actually have a class to get to shortly. I just dropped in to say 'Hi' to Estella and then walk with her to her next class," said Harry. Hermione got the message and dragged an unwilling Ginny away, leaving Estella and Harry alone.

"What's up with her?" Harry asked as he once again closed the gap between him and Estella. He was clearly referencing a strangely acting Ginny.

Estella glanced up at him, "I'm not exactly sure, it's been a long time since I saw her future, and I certainly don't remember it all now."

Harry let out a low laugh and smiled as he leaned down and pressed a kiss on her forehead before pulling back and grabbing her books from the table.

"C'mon," he said, holding out his hand, which Estella gladly took, "time for class."

***********

As they entered March, the weather became drier, but cruel winds skinned their hands and faces every time they went out onto the grounds. There were delays in the post because the owls kept being blown off course. The brown owl that Harry had sent Sirius with the dates of the Hogsmeade weekend turned up at breakfast on Friday morning with half its feathers sticking up the wrong way.