The Quidditch Cup

The whole of Gryffindor House was obsessed with the coming match. Gryffindor hadn't won the Quidditch Cup since the legendary Charlie Weasley had been Seeker. Never, in anyone's memory, had a match approached in such a highly charged atmosphere. By the time the holidays were over, the tension between Slytherin and Hufflepuff was at a Breaking Point. A number of small scuffles broke out in corridors, culminating in a nasty incident in which a Gryffindor fourth year and a Slytherin sixth year ended up in the hospital wing with leeks sprouting out of their ears.

Estella had at least jinxed five Slytherin's who tried to jinx Harry. Wandless and nonverbal magic often came in handy. Lately, you could never find Estella without Harry and Harry without Estella. The awkwardness had fallen away, and the two were closer than ever before. Two friends who often kissed each other's cheek.

Wherever they walked, an escort was provided, courtesy of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Before the game, the energy in the Gryffindor common room was unrivaled. Even Hermione had put down her books.

"I can't work; I can't concentrate," she said nervously.

There was a great deal of noise. Fred and George Weasley we're dealing with the pressure by being louder and more exuberant than ever. Oliver Wood was crouched over a model of a Quidditch field in the corner, prodding little figures across it with his wand and muttering to himself. Angelina, Alicia, and Katie were laughing at Fred's in George's jokes. Harry was sitting with Ron, Estella, and Hermione, removed from the center of things, trying to not think about the next day because every time he did, he had the horrible sensation that something very large was fighting to get out of his stomach.

"Harry, you're going to be amazing tomorrow," Estella whispered. She could almost sense his nervousness.

He glanced at her, "You think so? Right now, I think I could burst with anxiety."

She smiled, "Have you ever led your House astray?"

********

Harry and the rest of the Gryffindor team entered and exited the Great Hall the next day to enormous applause.

"Good luck, Harry!" called Cho. Estella glanced at the pretty girl who stared at Harry with a wide smile.

"Oh, um, thanks, Cho," Harry replied before taking Estella's hand. Being near her calmed his nerves. Harry knew that no matter the results, Estella would cheer him on until the very end. Estella paused as they arrived at the Quidditch pitch. Hermione and Ron stood a way back, and everyone from the Gryffindor team entered the changing room except Harry.

Estella wrapped his arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug which he gladly returned. "Please try to not get hit by a bludger; I flinch every time you do," she whispered. Her lips brushed against his ear, making Harry shutter.

"I'll do my best," he laughed.

"Potter," a sharp voice called. Estella pulled away from him, placing a quick kiss on his cheek, and then joined Hermione and Ron, who stared at her with wide eyes.

"Since when do you kiss him?" Ron gasped.

Estella blushed, "I don't; he started it."

They made their way to the Gryffindor stands and stood with Sienna, Ginny, Neville, Dean, and Seamus.

The entire stand roared as the Gryffindor team walked onto the field.

"And here are the Gryffindors!" yelled Lee Jordan, who was acting as commentator as usual. "Potter, Bell, Johnson, Spinnet, Weasley, Weasley, and Wood. Widely acknowledged as the best team, Hogwarts has seen in a good few years-"