The Reading of Albus Dumbledore's Will

A chorus of "Happy birthdays' left the mouths of each person sitting at the table as Harry entered the kitchen.

"You're officially as old as me!" said Estella, as Harry sat down next to her and in front of the mountain of presents.

"You can't keep teasing me with that," Harry groaned, leaning into her kiss.

"I can do whatever I want," laughed Estella.

"You two fight as though you're already married," giggled Hermione.

Estella reddened while Harry beamed at her.

"You hear that, we're already married," said Harry, a huge smile on his face.

"Shush," said Estella, nonetheless smiling. "Open your presents!"

"Arthur and Aspen told me to wish you a happy seventeenth, Harry," said Mrs. Weasley, beaming at him. "They had to leave early for work, but they'll be back for dinner. That's our, mine and Aruthur present on top. Aspen's is somewhere in the pile."

Harry took the square parcel she had indicated, and unwrapped it. Inside was a watch very like the one Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had given Ron for his seventeenth; it was gold, with stars circling around the face instead of hands.

"It's traditional to give a wizard a watch when he comes of age," said Mrs. Weasley, watching him anxiously from beside the cooker. "I'm afraid that one isn't like Ron's, it was actually my brother Fabian's and he wasn't terribly careful with his possessions, it's a bit dented on the back, but-"

The rest of her speech was lost; Harry had got up and hugged her. She patted his cheek clumsily when he released her, then waved her wand in a slightly random way, causing half a pack of bacon to flop out of the frying pan onto the floor.

"Happy birthday, Harry!" said Hermione, adding her own present to the pile as Estella had done. "It's not much, but I hope you like it. What did you get him?" she added to Ron, who seemed not to hear her.

"Come on, then, open Hermione's!" said Ron.

She had bought him a new Sneakoscope. Estella had gotten him a locket with a picture of his parents, Sirius, Remus, and her father on one side; the other contained a picture of him, Ron, Hermione, and Estella. The other packages contained an enchanted razor from Bill and Fleur (Ah yes, zis will give you ze smoothest shave you will ever 'ave," Monsieur Delacour assured him, "but you must tell it clearly what you want...ozzerwise you might find you 'ave a leetle less hair zan you would like..."), chocolates from the Delacours, money and potion ingredients from Aspen, a new cloak and trainers from Sienna, and an enormous box of the latest Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes merchandise from Fred, George, and Charlotte.

Harry, Ron, Estella, and Hermione did not linger at the table, as the arrival of Madame Delacour, Fleur, and Gabrielle made the kitchen uncomfortably crowded.

"I'll pack these for you," Hermione said brightly, taking Harry's presents out of his arms as the four of them headed back upstairs. "I'm nearly done, I'm just waiting for the rest of your underpants to come out of the wash, Ron-"

Estella had never laughed so hard in her life.

"You know it's my birthday?" whispered Harry, brushing hair behind her ear.

The two were alone in Ginny's room. Ron and Hermione were arguing about packing, Ginny was helping her mother with chores, and the rest of the house was finishing up the last minute wedding checklist.

"Yes, I am well aware," murmured Estella.

"And..."

Harry rose to his feet and stuffed his jumper and belt onto Estella's go-bag.