The Ride to Hogwarts

Estella stood with Hermione watching awestruck as Fred and George bewitched their trunks to fly downstairs to save the bother of carrying them, resulting in them hurtling straight into Ginny and knocking her down two flights of stairs and into the hall; Mrs. Black and Mrs. Weasley were both screaming at the top of their lungs.

"Could have done her serious injury, you idiots-"

"Filthy half-breeds, besmirching the House of my Fathers-"

There was a great commotion in 12 Grimmauld Place.

"Harry, you're to come with me and Tonks," shouted Mrs. Weasley. "Leave your trunk and your owl, Alastor's going to deal with the luggage. Oh, for heaven's sake, Sirius, Dumbledore said no!"

A bearlike black dog had appeared at Harry's sides as Harr clambered over the various trunks swarming the hall.

Estella rode with her father and Lupin on the way to the station. It was quite obvious they were guarding her as Tonks and Mrs. Weasely were guarding Harry; the others all got to ride together to platform 9 and 3/4s.

Once inside the station they lingered casually beside the barrier platforms nine and ten until the coast was clear, then each of them leaned against it in hurry and fell through onto platform nine and three quarters, where the Hogwarts Express stood bleching sooty steam over the area packed with departing students and their families.

"No trouble?" growled Moody as he emerged with the luggage carts.

"Nothing," said Lupin.

"I'll still be reporting Sturgis to Dumbledore," said Moody. "That's the second time he's not turned up in a week. Getting as unreliable as Mundungus."

"Well, look after yourselves," said Lupin, shaking hands all around.

Estella bid goodbye to her father, Sirius, and Mrs. Weasley, and moved to board the train.

"Well," said Fred, clapping his hands together, "can't stand around chatting all day, we've got business to discuss with Lee and Charlotte. See you later," and he and George disappeared down the corridor to the right. Sienna walked in the opposite direction toward the prefect's carriage.

The train was gathering still more speed so that the house outside the window flashed past and they swayed where they stood.

"Shall we go and find a compartment, then?" Harry asked Ron, Hermione, and Estella.

Ron and Hermione exchanged looks. Estella and Hermione received a letter from Professor McGonagall detailing the responsibilities the girls could choose from. Estella's responsibilities followed more of the bigger picture, like planning events and helping with first-year events. Although, she and Hermione would switch off patrolling.

"Er," said Ron.

"We're, well, Ron and I are supposed to go into the prefect carriage," Hermione said awkwardly.

"Oh," said Harry. "Right."

"I don't think we'll have to stay there all journey," said Hermione quickly. "Our letters said we just get instructions from the Head Boy and Girl and then patrol the corridors from time to time."

"Well, I might see you later, then," said Harry.

The two said their goodbyes, leaving Harry, Estella, and Ginny.

"Guess you're stuck with me," said Estella smiling.

"Oh, what a pain," laughed Harry.

"I thought you were a prefect," snapped Ginny.