Home-like

The next day Oliver takes me back to his place and Moira reluctantly allows me to stay with them. She barely acknowledges my existence but that's perfectly fine by me. I know the dealings she had with Malcolm and her dead husband. She also knows that I know.

———

I wake up to voices downstairs and head down and see Mrs. Queen and Walter in the family room watching the news.

Something about a rich guy who was coerced by the man in the hood, to give the money back to the people he stole from. I figure that it was Oliver, knowing what he has set himself to do.

"People used to feel safe in this town." Mrs. Queen sighs shaking her head.

"Yeah, that's what me leaving will do." I joke and Thea's head snaps up and her eyes light up.

She didn't know I came in last night, I didn't want to bother her if she was busy with a friend or something. So I hung out with Oliver most of the night.

"Rieka?! Is that really you?!" She asks amazed.

"Yeah, it's me, kid." I chuckle and she glares at me.

"You do know I'm only like 5 years younger than you, right?" She asks and I chuckle as she hugs me tight.

Oliver walks in with a suit on and I look at him surprised.

"Wow...you going to a wedding?" I scoff.

"No, he's going to be legally brought back to life." Walter exclaims proudly and I nod my head.

"I'll be back before you know it." Oliver assures me and I nod my head.

"Ready?" I hear Tommy ask and I turn around to see him there in a blue suit but he doesn't see me.

I'm standing around the corner out of his eyesight. He looks a little bit older than I last saw him but that's to be expected since it's been five years.

"Yeah, lets go." Oliver states and the four of them leave.

"You didn't want to join?" I ask Thea.

"Nah, I've been to court enough times for Oliver." She jokes.