Lawton

I wake up in a dark looking room. I'm lightheaded and feel like I have to barf. I try to sit up but someone pushes me down.

"Whoa, easy tiger." He states.

"You?" I growl and sit up

"You need to rest." He sighs.

"Where am I?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"That's not important right now. You really need to rest, I will knock you out if I have to. And trust me, you don't want to wake up from that." He explains and I start laughing.

"You don't know who I am, do you?" I laugh and he gives me a look of confusion.

"Man, you are gonna hate your situation when you find out." I chuckle and sit back up.

"I think you already forgot who I am." He scoffs.

"No, I know you have some kind of moral code

"No, I know you have some kind of moral code. You only kill people that you get paid to kill. Like Malcolm, except I got caught in the crossfire. You're honoring your code by saving me." I explain and he chuckles.

"Alright smart-ass, you're not the only one who has intuition. For example, you jumped in front of my bullet to save a man who torments you." He suggests.

"And you think this because..." I shrug.

"I saw how possessive he was with you at the award ceremony." He states. "Is he always like that with you? Or was it just for show?"

"Well I had just gotten out of the hospital and recovered from a Vertigo overdose, thanks to The Count himself. So you could say he was being protective." I explain.

"I heard The Count went insane. Why didn't you?"

"Who says I didn't?" I smirk and he chuckles.

"You know the bullets were laced yet you didn't alert anyone that you had been shot, how come? Are you really that eager to die?" He asks.

"A girl can dream, can't she?" I state.

"You really aren't like anyone I've ever met. I mean I've seen people act tough to try and survive a hard situation but at their core they are terrified, looking for an out. But you, you haven't asked why you're here or about what I want. Do you think you already know the answers or do you genuinely not care what happens to you?" He asks.