Sleep

We head back home and Laurel is inside. I leave the two of them to talk while I go upstairs and take a nice long shower.

I dry off and get ready for bed.

I wake up to Oliver panting and breathing heavily as if he'd just awoken from a nightmare.

"You ok?" I ask seeing how he's in the chair again.

"Yeah, just a bad dream." He catches his breath and I get up and get him some water.

"Thanks." He sighs and gulps it down.

"Rieka, how do you do it? I never seem to see you wake up in the middle of the night." He states confused.

"I didn't go through what you did Oliver." I remind him and he nods his head.

"Yeah, well...I'm just good at compartmentalizing I guess." I lie knowing that most nights I don't even get to sleep.

Oliver heads down and I try and close my eyes but Ivo's face appears, ruining what little sleep I've gotten.

About a half hour later Oliver comes back up and crawls into the bed in my room.

"You ok?" I ask with an eyebrow raised.

"Why are you in my room?" He asks confused.

"I'm not. You're in mine, genius." I scoff and he looks around but puts his head down on the pillow anyway.

"Maybe I was wrong, maybe you aren't dealing with this like I thought you were." He sighs and pats the space next to him expectantly.

"I'm not little anymore." I scoff and he looks at me.

"I know, this isn't for you, it's for me." He explains and I sigh and crawl in the bed and we soon both fall asleep.

———

I wake up to light breathing and realize that my head is on Oliver's bare chest and his arms are holding me. He's awake and smiling softly.

"I think that's the first time I've ever slept more than 3 hours straight." He chuckles softly and I can't help but feel the same way.

We get up and get dressed and head downstairs. I look and see a new guy in a suit standing behind Mrs. Queen.

"We have a visitor." Oliver states looking at the man.

"Mmm...Mr. Diggle's replacement." She states.

"Replacement?" He asks shocked.

"Mr. Queen, Rob Scott. I'll be your new body man." The gentleman states and shakes Oliver's hand and I can't wait to see how long he'll last.

Oliver turns around and turns the mute button on the tv off and they start talking about some man named Declan and his upcoming execution. The news lady brings up the name Jason Brodeur and it clicks, his name is on the list.