The Book

Oliver's POV:
I go back to the factory and Nick is there with Diggle. They both look exhausted.

"Where did you go?" Diggle asks and I show them the book but tell them who gave it to me.

"So this book contains a list of the names of the guys you've been hunting. And this book, your mother's, has the same list of names." Diggle states and gives me both books back.

"It's identical." I sigh.

"So where'd your mother get her copy, Oliver?" Diggle asks sounding suspicious.

"For that matter, who gave it to you?" Nick asks.

"Felicity Smoak. She said that Walter found it in their bedroom." I state.

"And now he's missing." Diggle states giving me the verdict of guilty look.

"She's my mother, Diggle."

"She's not the kind of person who would..." I start saying.

"Have her husband disappeared? Because that's really the question, isn't it, Oliver?" Diggle scoffs.

"Hey back off man!" Nick stands up for me.

"Look, I understand why you would believe your mother over your stepfather, but I tend to believe the innocent party is whoever's missing and presumed dead." Diggle explains.

"I know we don't get along with one another, but just hear me out. What would Rieka say to you?" Nick suggests and I try to think about what she would tell me to do.

"Listen to their actions, not their words." I say her mantra out loud and smile.

"That doesn't sound like Rieka." Diggle chuckles.

"No, it doesn't." I laugh and Nick joins in.

I take the book and go to my house.

"Heading out?" I ask my mom and then remind myself of the mantra.

"Oh, yes. I-it's a meeting with the financial planners. Are you alright?" She asks and I come back to reality.

"There was something that I wanted to talk to you about. I want to talk to you about Walter. Right around Christmas, when he disappeared, he gave me this." I say and she takes the book and opens it.

"This is your father's notebook. He kept a list of all the people in Starling City who owed him favors. I had...no idea there were so many of them." She says as she flips through the pages, not even looking at me.

"I've just been researching some of those names online, and, um they're not good people." I say and she looks up at me the moment I say the word researching.

"Oliver, I have no idea what your father was involved in or with whom. And you and your sister both now know that he wasn't exactly honest with me." She explains and conveniently turns herself into the victim.