Malcolm

I pretend to sleep but don't actually get any. The next day Malcolm brings me to work with him. I sit in a chair bored all day.

"You can try to get on my nerves all you want, the answer is still no." Malcolm states without looking up from his papers.

"Not even down the hall to the snack machine?" I scoff and he puts his pen down.

"No. Not even down the hall to the snack machine." He states in deadpan.

The doors swing open suddenly and Moira walks into the office.

"Rieka, how about you wait outside, I have to talk with Malcolm." Moira tries to order me but Malcolm puts his hand up to stop me.

"Whatever you have to say to me you can say in front of Rieka, there isn't anything about our business dealings that she doesn't know about, Moira. By the way, I don't recall us having an appointment?" He asks.

"No, but I decided to screw propriety after you tried to have my son killed." Moira states and he stands up from his desk and I close the doors.

"I'm sure you understand, it was justified in suspecting your son of being the vigilante targeting our associates. I had to take steps." Malcolm offers.

"And if you had known Rieka was in the same room?" Moira questions

"No, you can't bring her into this, that was on you as well. If you hadn't kept her hidden from me she would have been safe, but you went behind my back." Malcolm states clearly angry.

"And now that you know your steps were taken in error, that Oliver is not your enemy." Moira suggests and the tension in the room keeps on increasing.

"I offer my sincerest apologies."

"I know you found out I had the yacht salvaged just as I know you had Josiah Hudson killed."

"Well, accidents tend to befall people who are too curious." Malcolm warns.

"I've been the good soldier. I've done everything you've asked. But if any member of my family so much as gets a paper cut, I will burn your entire world to ashes." She threatens.

"Damn lady, guess you do have a spine." I mock and she glares at me as she exits the office.

"Well she's a spitfire that one." I mock.

"Just go to the damn machine already." Malcolm orders through gritted teeth and I happily do so.

I come back with goldfish crackers and Malcolm is back doing his paperwork. I go sit on the couch and munch on my snack.

"Are you just trying to get on every single one of my nerves today, Rieka?" He sighs.

"What makes you think that?" I ask with a mouthful of crackers.

Oliver's POV:
I'm watching TV when Tommy comes walking into the living room.

"You see her?" I ask about Rieka.