Past

I wake up and I notice that Oliver is gone with his mom and Walter. I head downstairs and get myself some cereal.

"I can have the chef whip you up some eggs or something." Thea offers and I almost puke.

"Nah, I hate eggs. Just thinking about them makes me wanna barf." I say, completely losing my appetite now.

"Oh, right. I forgot. Sorry." She apologizes and I drink my milk and dump the cereal.

"It's fine." I sigh annoyed.

"Where's Oliver?" I ask; trying to change the subject.

"Went to discuss the businesses with Walter and mom." Thea answers.

"And you didn't want to watch the train reck that it'll be?" I scoff and she looks at me confused.

"What makes you think it'll be a train wreck?" She asks.

"I don't know, oh wait, thats right. Oliver has been stranded on an island alone, for five years." I scoff.

"So?" She asks still not getting it.

"He needs time to adjust." I sigh turning around.

"And what about you?" She asks and I pause.

"What about me?" I ask.

"Do you need time to adjust too?" She asks and I clench my jaw.

"I thought we went over this already..." I groan.

"Yeah, Tommy's dad will suffocate you with attention, that's not what I'm talking about though. You seem to be doing just fine. You're acting like your normal self." She explains.

"And?" I ask, not understanding the big deal.

"Why can't you go back to normal life then? What's stopping you? What are you so afraid of?" She asks and I scoff.

"I'm not afraid, I just don't want someone watching my every move 24/7." I exclaim and walk up to the guest bedroom.

Soon Oliver comes home and changes his clothes. I hear Thea walk into his room and hear their conversation.

"They said you had scars...what happened to you out there?" She asks in awe.

"I don't want to talk about it." He answers calmly.

"Well someone needs to fill the rest of us in on what happened to you two out there!" She says frustrated.

"What are you talking about?" Oliver asks confused.

"Rieka keeps dodging my questions too, but I didn't see any scars on her." Thea explains and I grit my teeth.

"That's because she's wearing long pants and a sweatshirt. Look, I don't know what she went through either. And it's none of my business, if she doesn't want to tell anyone then she doesn't have to." Oliver states.

"Do you have a second?" Thea asks.

"There's something I want to show you out back." She explains and the two of them head outside.

About a half hour later Oliver walks into my room. He goes over and sits down on the edge of the bed.

"I'll be back in a little bit. I'm gonna go and see Laurel." He explains.

"That a good idea?" I ask.

"Probably not, but I made a promise to myself that I intend to keep." He chuckles and I nod my head.

He gets up to leave just as a UPS truck starts unloading a bunch of packages that are my clothes that I ordered.

He stops and looks back at me. "Actually, do you want to come along?" He changes his mind and I'm a bit shocked.