Chapter 15

Mariko woke up again around midday, surprised to find a familiar mess of blonde hair and red feathers nestled on the other side of the bed. She scowled at the male "He needs to learn about boundaries," she thought a bit annoyed that he'd taken the liberty to nap on her bed. "Isn't the couch enough? Why do I have to share my room too?" she asked. She sighed and placed a hand on his shoulder, shaking him slightly. "Hey Keigo, wake up you fell asleep," she told him.

            The male stirred slightly but did not wake up.

             She glared at him, shaking him harder, "Oi birdbrain get up or I'm gonna shove your ass off the bed."

              "Mmm," he hummed, causing Mariko to flinch slightly. His voice was deep and raspy from sleep- a sound the brunette found surprisingly attractive.

            She huffed in annoyance and roughly pushed him off the bed, causing him to fall to the floor.

              "What the fuck?" he asked, sitting up. He saw he was now on the floor beside Mariko's bed and the woman was glaring at him slightly. "Did you push me off the bed?" he asked.

             "You weren't waking up," she told him sitting up.

             "Jerk," he muttered.

             She scowled at him, "Your fault for sleeping on a girl's bed without permission. That's creepy as shit you pervert."

            The blonde's jaw dropped, "You pulled me onto the bed and told me to sleep!" he exclaimed.

             She scoffed, "As if I'd ever do such a thing," she said.

             He glared at her, "You did though."

              "You're such a liar..." she quipped. "Come on, you said you wanted to go somewhere today," she said, changing the subject.

              The male rolled his eyes, slowly getting up, "Yeah, What time is it?" he asked.

               "Just past twelve."

                 "Good, that means we're not running late. Get dressed, we should be there around two," he told her, stretching slightly.

               "Where are we going?"

              "I've got a modeling gig at 3 and you're coming with me," he told her.

              She looked at him strangely, "What? You're taking me to work? Didn't you say you wanted to hang out today?" she asked, a bit annoyed that this was what he'd come to her apartment for.

                 The male smiled cockily, "Were you hoping it'd be just me and you today? Sorry, Mari but I still gotta keep up with the rest of the people. My fans need some eye candy too."

                  She rolled her eyes, "I'm not the one who was whining about wanting to hang out" she thought. She wasn't really in the mood to argue with him though and let the comment go. "Whatever, I'm gonna go get ready," she told him, throwing the covers off of her. The cold air brushed her legs as she crawled out of bed, making her cringe slightly. She went over to her closet, grabbing some clothes before walking towards the bathroom.

                   Keigo watched as she left. The shorts she'd gone to bed in had ridden up, exposing the tops of her thighs. His eyes trailed over her smooth skin, the soft curve of her legs, and lingered on her hips that swayed slightly as she disappeared down the hallway. His throat suddenly ran dry. He blinked, his actions catching even himself off guard. For a moment, his mind had been clouded with thoughts he didn't know he could have- not about the woman he considered his best friend. Sure he'd known she was pretty, but it was Mariko. He frowned at his own shamelessness and shook his head vehemently, trying to cast away the memory of her body out of his mind.