Chapter 93

Like a couple of idiots, after making out for god knows how long, they fell asleep on the floor. Neither one of them woke up until the next morning, Keigo being the first when he noticed his wings were sore and tingly from having slept on the ground instead of a bed. It was a bit annoying, but he got over it quickly as being able to wake with Mariko overshadowed all possible negatives.

     He scooped the brunette up in his arms, smiling when she didn't stir at all, and placed her in the bed. Once upon a time she wouldn't have allowed herself to fall into such a deep sleep around him and he was incredibly proud of the fact that she could be so vulnerable around him now.

      After tucking her in, he drifted off to the kitchen to make them breakfast. While he might not have been the best cook at one point, he'd picked up a couple of things from whenever Mariko made him help her prepare dinner. By now he could probably do something simple on his own.

      Mariko woke up around twenty minutes later to the scent of cooked bacon. Slipping out of bed she walked downstairs to see Keigo at the stove, pushing around scrambled eggs and bacon in a pan. "I must be dreaming," she said as she walked towards him.

       The blonde smiled at her and leaned down, pecking her lips in a good-morning kiss. "Good morning Chickee. Sleep well?" he asked.

        The brunette shrugged. She hadn't slept terribly but she hadn't exactly been comfortable most of the night either. "I guess... You made breakfast?"

         Keigo nodded as he plated their food. "Mhm, figure I'd give you a bit of a break today."

      She smiled slightly and wrapped her arms around his waist from behind, propping her head up on his shoulder. "That's nice of you."

       "Well I am a nice guy," he said. Once he turned off the stove, he turned around and returned the hug. "Only for you though," he said rubbing his nose against hers.

      "Hm I get special treatment then?" she asked.

       "Absolutely. You're gonna be my wife one day after all," he hummed.

        Mariko's heart fluttered as he once again referred to her as his wife. It was something he'd been doing often lately, and it never failed to make her flustered. "You've been doing that a lot lately," she said burying her face in his chest.

      "Doing what?"

        "Calling me your wife."

       Keigo stilled slightly. "Have I been saying that a lot?" he wondered. He'd never felt this way about anyone before, maybe he was jumping the gun again? He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, "Heh. Guess I might be, sorry 'bout that Chickee."

     She shook her head. "Don't be, I like it."

      A smile instantly bloomed across his face as he nudged his face against hers. He sighed contentedly and grabbed her hand, placing it right on top of his chest where his heart was beating erratically. "Ah y'gotta be careful with saying that stuff Chickee. It's not good for my heart," he whispered.

       The brunette laughed lowly, "Guess I better stop then. I gotta make sure you last until the wedding at least."

      He squeezed her closer to him, "Don't worry, I'll be there."

     "You better be. You're supposed to be the groom."

        Keigo chuckled and pulled away slightly, taking a moment to stare at his soon to be fiancée and wonder for the millionth time what the hell he'd done. "Let's have some breakfast shall we?" he asked suddenly.