Chapter 101

Mariko sighed as she got ready to go to Sakura's house. Looking at herself in the mirror, she leaned on the sink for a moment and frowned at the slight dark circles that had formed under her eyes. The conversation she was going to have with Sakura wasn't a pleasant one, and she'd spent most of the previous night trying to figure out what to say.

          "Ready to go?" Keigo asked, appearing in the doorway.

        Straightening herself, the brunette smiled at her boyfriend through the mirror and nodded. "Just about. I just need to grab my purse." She paused, seeing that he too looked ready to go out. "Are you coming with me?" she asked.

         "Figured I'd walk ya there," he shrugged.

        She giggled slightly and turned around to face him. "You're cute," she said pecking his cheek as she slipped out of the bathroom.

          "Nice of ya to finally notice Chickee," he joked, following the female to the door.

        Mariko rolled her eyes half-heartedly and muttered a small thanks as Keigo handed her her purse and jacket.

       Sakura's house was thankfully not very far away. It was only a twenty-minute journey from her apartment, though it would've been shorter had Hawks let them fly there (he'd refused in order to spend more time with her). They'd also stopped for take-out as Mariko had promised she'd bring lunch.

        Ringing the doorbell for her, the blonde took a step back from the door. "You'll call me when you're leaving right? I'll come get ya."

         She nodded, "M'kay. See you in a little while." She pecked his lips before pushing him away slightly, gesturing for him to leave.

          Quickly leaning down to steal one last kiss from his girlfriend, Keigo flashed a cheeky smile before taking off into the skies.

           Only a few moments after he'd left, the door opened and Mariko was tackled by a blur of brown and pink. She stumbled back a few steps, trying not to fall, and drop the bags of food in her hand as her best friend hugged the life out of her.

          "You're here! It's been so long you should've sent me at least a text or something you bitch!"

          "Sorry, Hawks and I were on a mission."

        Sakura pulled back and raised an eyebrow. "For three months?" she asked.

         She shrugged, "It was a few missions."

         She nodded understandingly and dragged her inside the house. Much like the female, the house was filled with bright colors and anime memorabilia. Having a life-size cardboard cutout of Gray Fullbuster from Fairytail stare at her as she took a seat on the living room couch was a bit uncomfortable at first, but Mariko quickly made peace with his presence. Sitting beside her on the living room couch, Sakura gestured for her to leave the bags of food on the coffee table.

          "Spill."

        "What do you mean?" she asked, tilting her head slightly.

         The brunette rolled her eyes. "You and Hawks have been on missions together for the past two months. No way y'all haven't at least kissed."

       Her eyes trailed down to the floor, suddenly remembering that with everything that had been going on with Mineko and the League, she'd completely forgotten to update Sakura on her relationship with Keigo.

          Seeing her friend's sudden hesitance, Sakura narrowed her eyes. "You didn't tell me something," she mused, looking her up and down. After a moment, she gasped. "HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS FUCKED!" She shouted.