Chapter 11

Keigo didn't have work for the next few days while his wings grew back and decided to spend those three days at Mariko's apartment. At first, shed conceded seeing as he'd had a hard day, but grew to regret her kindness as time went on. The blonde wasn't a particularly bad house guest. Surprisingly, he wasn't messy, there would just be the occasional shirt strewn on the floor next to an unmade bed at the most. The only real issue was that he had become extremely clingy. He was always around her, whether it was sitting in the kitchen as she cooked or picking her up to go to lunch. She nearly kicked him when he'd woken her up at three in the morning for night time take out. If she wasn't paying attention to him or it looked like she hadn't noticed him yet, he practically made it a mission to get her to focus on him.

"Mari, what's this?" he asked as he rifled through her bathroom cabinets. He was staring at a green tube with cucumbers and coal on it. Mariko glanced up at him from her place on the couch, she had been reading up on a new medical study that had just come out.

"It's a face mask," she told him.

Keigo's eyebrows raised in surprise, "You have this sorta stuff?" he asked. He'd never pegged the brunette to be into face masks and the like. He'd just assumed her skin was naturally flawless.

"Sure looks like it," she quipped sarcastically before returning her attention to the article on her tablet.

"Can I use it?" He was absolutely bored from not being able to do anything other than paperwork for the past few days.

"Go ahead, just don't make a mess," she said dismissively.

Hawks shrugged off her lack of attention and turned to the bathroom, as he read the instructions, he realized he had no idea what they meant.

"Hey Kid, can you come'ere a sec?" he called.

The brunette sighed, setting her tablet on the coffee table and walking towards the bathroom.

"What's wrong?"

"I have no idea how to use this."

"Did you read the instructions?" she asked, picking the tube out of his hands.

"Yeah, but they're small and boring so I sorta skimmed through the last part."

"So you read the safety warnings, but not the instructions? Read all of it first before getting me," she sighed, shoving the product back into his arms and walking into the kitchen. Now she just wanted some tea.

It wasn't even five minutes later before the blonde was calling for her again.

"What is it now?" she shouted back; she wouldn't move unless he told her first. There was no response, but a few moments later the male was walking into the room, globs of the product on his face. He hadn't spread it out at all.

"It just said to put it on and wait. I don't see how this is gonna do anything though," he said.

Mariko choked on her tea as she took in his ridiculous appearance. "You know you're supposed to spread it around so it covers all of your face right?" she asked sarcastically.

Keigo looked at her expectantly, silently asking for help.

"You're such a lazy ass," she groaned, setting her cup aside and walking towards him. She knew he was perfectly capable of doing this himself, he was just bored and wanted attention again.

She brought her hands up to his face, her fingers lightly brushing the product over his cheeks and forehead, making sure that it was all covered. Keigo stared down at her, sighing lightly at her soft touches. It was over all too soon as not even a minute later, she was walking away from him and wiping her hands on a dishrag.