Chapter 63

When Mariko got home that evening, she was surprised that Keigo wasn't there. He had visited her earlier that day to ask her out on a date that night (an every so slightly bashful but completely endearing conversation) and told her to come home at seven p.m. to get ready. Understandably, she'd assumed that he would also be getting home at the same time so they could go together. "Was there a sudden emergency?... No, he definitely would've at least sent a text," she thought. She pulled out her phone and typed out a quick message to the blonde asking his whereabouts.

Chickee:

Everything okay?

Where are you?

Thankfully, the male was quick to respond.

Keigo:

Finishing up a couple of things. Don't worry

and just get ready. I left your outfit on the

bed (winky face emoji)

            Mariko walked into the bedroom and delicately laid out on the bed was a familiar little black dress, a black clutch purse, and a pair of black heels. The male had gone as far as to go through her drawers and pick out a pair of lacy black panties for her to wear that night.

Chickee:

You seriously picked out my

underwear too?

Keigo:

If you don't like those feel free

to pick another pair

              She rolled her eyes but stripped her clothes and put on the ones he had chosen for her panties included- anyways. She'd decided to leave her hair completely down that evening, allowing it to flow in natural waves. Seeing as this was a first date, she wanted to look nice for her boyfriend (a concept she was still amazed by) and put a bit more effort into her makeup than she usually did. Spraying on some perfume, she whipped out her phone and texted the male once again, asking him what their plans were. Would he be picking her up? Would they be meeting up someplace?

Chickee:

I'm ready

Keigo:

Come up to the roof

             She looked down at her phone strangely. "Why the roof?" she wondered. Not having much of a choice but to go along with it, the brunette grabbed her purse and walked to the elevator, pressing the button that would take her too the roof. She sent the blonde a quick message letting her know that she was almost there before turning the device off completely and putting it away. No one liked it when their date was distracted by their phone and she sure as hell wasn't going to do something rude like that to Keigo, he deserved better.

               Keigo- who'd nearly thrown himself on his phone when she'd started texting him- was freaking out now at her last message. "Did I make a mistake? I didn't forget anything did I? Will she like it? Was this a stupid idea?"

              All of those thoughts, however, disappeared the moment Mariko stepped out of the elevator. The woman's expression changed several times as she looked around the space. Keigo had transformed the roof from an unused and rather dingy garden to a beautiful rooftop terrace. The plants along the trellis pergola had been trimmed just enough to make it look clean but still natural. The roof was strung with fairy lights giving the place a rather magical feel. In the center of it all was a candlelit dinner for two with the plates already steaming with Mariko's favorite food. It was wonderful, it was perfect. And in the middle of all that perfection stood her boyfriend, clad in a dress shirt and slacks, he stared at her with the subtlest hint of nervousness in his eyes.