Chapter 12

It had been a while since Dabi had contacted Hawks, and even though it was technically his job... part of him had hoped the league had forgotten about him.

"You rang?" the blonde asked, shaking his phone slightly. They stood in an alleyway in the warehouse district of the city.

"I need information," the villain said, tossing a folder to him.

Hawks easily caught the package and sighed in feigned disappointment, "No hi, hello, how are ya? It's always business with you," he complained.

"Fuck off. Can you get it or not?" Dabi growled.

He opened the folder; it was a case file. There were only two papers in it containing the profiles of different women. "Maybe... why, you tryna get a girlfriend now? I coulda set you up ya know," he teased.

The ravenette narrowed his eyes at him. "Just get me everything you can on those girls. You have a week or I'll burn your face off," he threatened.

Hawks scoffed, "Somehow I highly doubt any girls'll be interested when you say things like that."

Dabi rolled his eyes and disappeared in a column of fire.

He narrowed his eyes in irritation, "So dramatic," he thought. He put the papers back into the folder and sighed, "Looks like I have some homework."

The meeting with Dabi had dampened Keigo's previously good mood. Thankfully, a certain brunette girl was waiting for him right in front of his door. The blonde smiled as he approached the woman in the hallway. "I haven't seen her in a while," he thought. After returning to the field, he was backed up with work and didn't have a lot of time to spend with her while he caught up.

"Who ya waiting for?" he whispered in her ear, intending to scare her.

The girl flinched at his presence but did not otherwise attack him. She tilted her head to look at him, "You seriously need to stop trying to scare me. Or else I'm gonna seriously hurt you." she told him.

Keigo rolled his eyes, much more curious about why she was standing in the middle of the hallway staring at his door, "So... you were having a pretty fierce staring contest with my front door. What was that all about?" he asked.

Mariko shifted slightly, "Actually, I accidentally ordered too much food... I was wondering if you could help?" she asked.

He tilted his head, "Well this is a rare sight. Its fun to see her uncomfortable like this," he thought. "Help you... eat food?" he asked, smirking slightly as he unlocked his apartment.

She cut him a glare; "He really can't let anything go can he?" she asked herself. "Yes... since your fat ass has a bottomless pit for a stomach. But if you're not interested I'll just take my chicken and-"

The blonde leaned over her slightly, leaving very little space between him and the brunette. "You had me at food," he said pecking her on the cheek and sashaying into his home.

Mariko scowled at him as she closed his door. She took her shoes off at the entrance and looked around the apartment. The layout was a mirror image of hers though the decoration was obviously different. The apartment was more minimalist than hers was, mostly grey furniture with blue and orange accents. "He doesn't have bad taste," she realized.

"Why'd you order so much food?" he asked, sitting at his dining table and rifling through the boxes of takeout. From the corner of his eye, he could see her opening his cabinets, looking for the plates.