Chapter 85

Fourteen hours had passed since they had escaped the guest room. Dabi had split up from Kurogiri and Toga to take the southern wing of the compound. Anyone who saw him was immediately burned to ash. Kurogiri said no witnesses after all, but he wasn't going to waste his time sneaking around. He wanted to finish the mission as fast as possible. After the last conversation he'd had with Mariko, he didn't really know what to think of her. If her story was true then she was the only person in his life to look out for him. Unlike his parents, she'd taken his physical and mental health into consideration before making a decision that would affect his life forever. Maybe it was stupid, but he wanted to get to know her a bit better and he wouldn't be able to do that if she was dead.

He opened another door- the last door in his chosen area- it was a laboratory filled with disgusting creatures he knew all too well; Noumus. He wandered around the room for a few minutes, staring at the mangled humans as the machine scanned the space. They were even more disturbing than the ones the Doctor had produced. Once the scan was complete, he quickly left the room. He snuck back to the "guest room" to wait for Toga and Kurogiri. They had made that their rendezvous point before splitting up.

Kurogiri was already there when he arrived. Thankfully, he had cleaned up the body Toga had completely mutilated and left it in the bathroom. No words were exchanged between them and he simply sat down at the table, waiting for Toga to arrive. "She's sure takin' her sweet time. She better not have gotten herself fuckin' captured or some shit," he'd be absolutely pissed if he found out they had to go save the blonde girl's ass too.

While he was lost in thought, the door opened revealing the guard Kurogiri had disposed of in the bathtub. Toga's disguise melted off, leaving the girl standing in the middle of the room stark naked. Neither he nor Kurogiri reacted, it wasn't the first time it'd happened after all.

"Were you able to scan everything?" the older male asked.

The blonde nodded and beamed at them proudly, "Everly last bit of it! They're doing some crazy stuff here."

"Whatever. Now we need to get the bitch and get out of her," Dabi said.

Kurogiri nodded in agreement. "Yes, I believe we've... visited long enough. Do either of you know where Saito-san is being kept?"

The high schooler nodded. "Yeah she's down in the prisons. Sublevel 7..." she trailed off, and a dreamy expression took over her features as she got lost in thought. "She was covered in blood... she looked so cute," she commented, a bit of drool creeping out of the corner of her mouth.

Dabi and Kurogiri exchanged concerned looks. If she was covered in blood, they probably didn't have a lot of time left.

"Let's get going. Those military bastards'll kick our assess if she dies," the ravenette remarked.

Toga shivered at the thought, changing back into the guard, and pretending to "escort them" out of the room once more. "This way," she encouraged. She led them to a seldom-used service staircase and went down several floors until they reached the door with the sign "Sub-7."The blonde slowly and quietly opened the door. She peeked her head out first, seeing whether anyone was around. "One guard. I see a camera too!" she told them.

"Do you see Saito-san?" the smoke covered male asked.

She shook her head.

"We'll look around for the girl while you clear the guard out," Dabi decided.

"Can I kill him?!" Toga asked excitedly.

"Sure. Just don't make a mess and don't let anyone find him," he answered.