Chapter 94

Though finding the notebook had put a damper on things, it only lasted for a moment as the two forced it to the back of their minds. It wasn't hard as both of them much preferred spending time with each other than thinking of Mariko's psychotic ex-best friend.

         For Keigo, the next two months were nothing short of blissful. There were no villains he had to defeat, there was no meeting with the HPSC, there was nothing except him and Mariko. With all the chaos that had been going on around them at the start of their relationship, everything between them had been rather rushed (though that didn't mean it was any less real). The past two months had been exactly what they needed to really settle into the whole boyfriend-girlfriend thing. He would always wake up with her in his arms, her head on his chest and by the time he was done taking a shower in the morning, she was done with breakfast, settling the table so they could eat together. The rest of the day was filled with them wandering around the mansion or just hanging out in the sitting room, talking, or playing a game. Things between them were blissfully domestic.

          That particular morning, both Keigo and Mariko were woken up by a phone call which was especially strange because both of their phones had been completely turned off so that the signal couldn't be tracked.

         "Hello?" she asked, her voice still slightly raspy from sleep.

          "Sounds like you just woke up. Getting your beauty sleep in huh?" Araya's voice spoke.

          "Give me a break its like six in the morning," she said lying back down on the bed where her boyfriend was already wrapping his arms around her again. She knew he was wide awake though; he didn't even bother to pretend to be asleep as he listened to their conversation, his sunset-colored eyes blinked owlishly at her in curiosity.

          The raven-haired male laughed slightly. "Fair enough. You know why I'm calling, don't you?"

          She sighed, "It's time to come back isn't it?" she asked.

          "Yeah. We're all done with the prep work. The mission won't be for another three weeks, but since over half our team's a flight risk, I want as much time as possible to round everyone up."

           "Understood. We'll leave today and check in with you tomorrow morning."

           "I'll be waiting. Stay safe out there."

           "You too. See you tomorrow," she said, taking the phone away from her ear to hang up. She sighed, tossing the phone on the mattress, and sitting back against the headboard.

          "What happened?" Keigo asked, noticing the disappointed look on his girlfriend's face.

           "That was Araya."

            "How'd the call go through?"

           Mariko shrugged, "Probably Hayato. He's got a technology manipulation type quirk." She didn't really think about it too much, that man always found a way to contact her.

           "What did he want?"

         "He told us that the vacation's over. He wants us to come back," she informed.

         The blonde's face fell, and an expression mirroring Mariko's settled on his features. "Oh."

            The female sighed deeply, "I know."

            He sat up, sitting against the headboard right next to the brunette, and placed a delicate kiss on her neck before tugging her towards him so that she was sitting in his lap. "We'll do this again someday and next time will be even better because we'll be at our real home and we won't have to worry about Mineko, Araya, or anyone else interrupting it," he promised.