Chapter 62

The first thing Keigo wanted to do after he and Mariko became official was take her out on a date. He wanted to show off to everyone he could that they were together. He was so damn happy that the most amazing, gorgeous, intelligent, and spectacular girl in existence had chosen him. Out of every man on the planet, she had chosen to love Keigo Takami. He felt like he'd won the damn lottery when it came to partners so how could he not want to brag about it?

           There was an issue though; he had no idea where to take her. First dates were usually to get to know your partner, a stage they had long since passed. He had every intention on making this his last first date, so it being absolutely mind-blowing was a given. Not only that, but Mariko deserved a date that was every bit as outstanding she was. That meant that she had to have a good time; if she wasn't falling for him all over again by the end of it, he didn't do his job right. Needless to say he was stressed, and it sure as hell didn't help that she would be meeting the League of Villains at the end of the week. That stress left him stumped- something he had never been before.

             He'd thought of so many things... a fancy dinner on a yacht, a day trip to Paris, even renting out an entire theme park just for the two of them. None of them really seemed like Mariko though. Not willing to take any chances, Keigo decided to contact someone he knew could- and would be willing- to give him some ideas and steer him in the right direction: Sakura. Sitting at his chair in his office after scrolling through the search results for "fun first date ideas," he dialed the brunette's number. Thankfully, she picked up after a few rings.

          "Hello?"

            "Hey Sakura-san, it's Hawks, ya got a minute?"

           "Oh my gosh hiiiii! Of course! What can I do for you on this fine afternoon?"

           The male sighed and looked at his computer screen bitterly. "Well y'see I wanna take Mariko out this week, but-"

           "YOU'RE TAKING HER OUT ON A DATE? YOU GUYS ARE TOGETHER NOW? OHMYGOSH I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS CONGRATULATIONS!"

           The blonde smiled warmly. He really liked talking to Sakura. She'd always rooted for him and Mariko to get together. He felt like she was the one person he could come to when it came to things like this. "Yeah. Thing is I'm kinda stumped on where to take her. I was hoping you could help point me in the right direction?"

            "Oh yeah sure! I guess the only thing you should really keep in mind is to avoid crowds. She won't like... hate you for it or anything, but it'll be harder for her to relax in a big space with lots of people. Other than that I'm sure she'll be fine with whatever you want to do."

             He sighed, "I'll definitely keep that in mind, but is there anything she's mentioned that she's been wanting to do or someplace she's been wanting to go to?"

              "Hawks," Sakura started. "That's the thing about Mariko. Knowing her, the only thing she wants to do is spend time with you. She's in love with you, just being in the same room as you is probably enough."

              "Just me is enough?" he wondered. Not even Hawks was enough for half the things he wanted to do and he was a Pro-Hero who'd received extensive private training and had the support of very powerful people. How could Keigo Takami, a nobody from a broken home possibly be enough? "You sure?" he asked.

             She giggled. "Positive. Most of our conversations lead to you in some way and let me tell you that I have never seen her smile more brightly than when she's talking about you. You've got her completely whipped so give yourself more credit."

             He smirked slightly, "She talks about me?" he asked.

            "Yep. All the time."

             "What does she say?"

              "Ah now that is a girls secret. You'll have to ask her about it."

              He sighed, "Fine. Alright Imma let you go then. Looks like I've got some more thinking to do. Thanks Sakura-san."

              "Anytime! Hope everything goes well!"

              "Me too. See ya."

               Hanging up the phone, he tossed the device onto his desk and leaned back in his chair, spinning it slightly. He continued thinking about what Sakura said. Could he really be enough for her? Just him, just Keigo Takami... could he really make her happy like that? As they often did, his thoughts drifted back to Mariko. He never questioned himself as to whether or not she was enough. She more than he could ever ask for and definitely more than he deserved. To him, she was perfect. He smiled as he pictured his beautiful girlfriend. Coming home to her was a dream come true. The first thing he saw whenever he opened the door was the love of his life and the first thing he did was kiss her. God and that one time he'd walked in on her dancing? He damn well thought he'd died and gone to heaven.

            Suddenly an idea hit him. It wasn't big, it wasn't extravagant nor was it spectacular bit for some reason, it seemed to fit them. He just hoped no one was using the roof tonight.