Chapter 20

It was the end of her shift at the hospital. Mariko changed back into her normal clothes and was grabbing her things from her locker before leaving for the day.

"Hey Mari!" Sakura bounded over.

"Hey Sakura, what's up?" she asked.

"A group of us are going out for drinks tonight, you wanna come?"

"I would but-" her response was cut off by her phone going off in her purse. "Sorry give me a second," she said recognizing Keigo's ringtone.

"How's it feel to be blessed with my phone call?" he asked.

"It feels more like a curse. What's up?"

"Just wanted to know if we're still on for dinner tonight?"

Mariko nodded, "Mhm, it's your night to pick," she reminded him. Ever since discovering that she bought five times more food than usual just to feed him, the blonde had insisted on taking care of dinner at least once a week as a thank you.

"Yup, and we're going out tonight," he told her.

"Sounds good, where are we going?"

"The family restaurant off the main road, the ramen place."

"No chicken this week?" she asked, every time the blonde picked where they were going to eat it was a chicken place.

"Why, did you want chicken? We could totally go for Yakitori if you-"

"No, Ramen is good," she backtracked quickly.

Keigo chuckled slightly, "Okay, I'll be there in a bit to pick you up. You're still at the hospital right?" he asked.

"Mhm."

"Okay, see you soon then."

"See you soon."

"That sounds like you've got a date tonight," Sakura said over her shoulder.

Mariko flinched at the brunette's proximity and quickly took a step away. "How many times do I have to tell you not to listen to my conversations?" she scowled.

"Aww come on. Your eyes got all sparkly n stuff how can I not be curious?" she asked.

"My eyes are always sparkly I'll have you know," the brunette sassed. "And I would hardly call Hawks a date."

Sakura's eyes widened, "You're going on a date with Hawks?!"

"No, I literally just told you its not a date," she corrected.

The younger woman sighed. "But either way that means you're not going to the bar," she pointed out.

Mariko nodded, "That would be correct."

"I get it, I would totally blow you off to get dinner with that piece of ass too."

The brunette shivered uncomfortably, "Please don't ever say something like that again. It's disturbing."

She laughed loudly as Mariko slung her purse over her shoulder and quickly left the locker room, not wanting to hear any more of Sakura's "disturbing" comments anymore.

Keigo was waiting for her by the hospital entrance when she came out.

"Hey there Chickee, ready to go?" he asked pulling her into a quick hug.